62 glove box

garn3

Well Known Member
My 62 ss glove box door does not close all the way. It clicks but there is a gap. It drives me crazy.

any suggestions?

thank you

mac1

Well Known Member
You should be able to adjust it out. Mine has always been off a little,
but I've learned to live with it. Mac

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
You should be able to adjust it out. Mine has always been off a little,
but I've learned to live with it. Mac

Mac I also gave up and "have learned to live with it" as best as I can:D
robert

mac1

Well Known Member
Yea, it's almost like the door is to big for the opening, which is at a funny
angle. :dunno

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yea, it's almost like the door is to big for the opening, which is at a funny
angle. :dunno

Mine was like that but I adjusted it and it fits perfect...:brow I actualy went to the hardware store and bought some new flat sheet metal nuts/fasteners don't know what they are called and then scrounged the wrecking yards for the correct panhead screws, had the wrong ones, for the hinge area and put it all back together and it fits and operates great...:D

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 77

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Dan: You must be driving your 61 really hard. Looks like you're putting the pedal, to the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shifter.:dunno :roll :roll Skip:)

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dan Might be a dumb question but could you take any pictures of your "hardware store" door fix? How did you get your gas pedal beside the shifter?:scratch :scratch
robert

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan Might be a dumb question but could you take any pictures of your "hardware store" door fix? How did you get your gas pedal beside the shifter?:scratch :scratch
robert

Robert, I was using my sholder to operate the gas pedal while lying on my back under the dash.....:roll :roll :roll so finaly I got it out of my way...

The hardware that I am talking about is a clip made of spring sheetmetal that has a dimpled hole in it so it can except the treads of a sheetmetal screw. Any good hardware store will carry them. I want to say spayed nut but I just can't remember. Here is a pic. Good Luck

Attachments

• clip1.jpg
    clip1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 51
  • clip2.jpg
    clip2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 61

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I thin a what we hav a here is a ..........smart a$$......:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
Dan: That's pretty good broken English. I couldn't have said it any better, unless my grandfather Antonio, said it.:clap Are you giving me and Robert, the finger?:dunno :roll :roll :roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dan.......Thanks for the picture and description. Now I will put that door back on the worry list. Oh...I have removed my pedal before and a few times it has "moved" somehow on it's own. It's too bad Skip and I have picked up on your picture issue:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
robert

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
"It's too bad Skip and I have picked up on your picture issue :rolleyes: :rolleyes: " You know what they say, Robert. A picture is worth a thousand words. And, in this case, two words.:roll :roll Skip:)