63 4 door value

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What is a almost rust free 4 door clean title but missing motor trans and trunk lid lid worth? Perfect floors ok interior. It's on Seattle craigslist for 1000 and I just saw it when I bought a 65 impala tilt column with the impossible to get collars for 225 from same guy. I want to get it and put my spare 283 in it and I also have a good trunk lid but trying to sell the wife on this is another story.

bobs409

Administrator
Don't listen to Mike. He's scared of 4 door's. :D

If you can rescue it, DO IT! I said it many times, one day we'll be glad to FIND a 4 door car. Remember, 1963 was 58 years ago!!! Prices for 2 door cars are getting obscene. Sometimes, you just want a cruiser that you don't have to mortgage your house to buy. A 4 door is just the thing.

I rescued a 71 Chevelle 4 door from the junkyard. (wasn't placed into the yard yet, they were waiting on the title) I get much joy from driving and owning it. Believe it or not, I got a few thumbs up in it too! (and it's faded brown!)

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I junked a nice 62 4 door, sold the body alone for Cdn $1,000. No doors, interior, dash, frame, front clip, bumpers, trunk lid, it was used to make a 2 door impala.
If I had my time back, I should have stuck the 409 4 speed in it instead of spending money chasing 2 door cars. I’m getting to really like 4 doors, much easier to haul people in the back seat. If you like it, you can drive it for not much cost or make a fair amount selling off the parts.

Brian64SS

Well Known Member
I agree. Save every decent 4-door out there. When you're sitting in the driver's seat, the view is the same no matter how many doors it has.

More average people like my 4-door than the SS, I think because everyone can relate to a family car. But some people figure owners of 2-doors, Corvettes and things like that already think they're hot stuff and don't need another compliment.

Jerry B

Well Known Member
Experience tells me if you take that 63 four door and park it in front of a small cafe in some small town for breakfast on Saturday morning, you'll be surprised how many people will come through the door and ask " who owns that 63?". You'll make a lot of new friends.