63 Biscayne with a 409??

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I know of a couple 62 Bel Air four door cars that came from the factory with a 409. No reason they couldn't, check the serial number stamp on the passenger side of the engine and see if it matches.

Bill

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Did anybody ever see a 1963 Biscayne 4 Door sedan, with a 409 under the hood from the Factory.??

Yes, I saw a 1963 Biscayne 4 door at the old Pate Swap Meet in Cresson Texas about 15 years ago. The car was out of San Antonio, Tx and was a faded blue. It was a 340 HP. automatic trans.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
One of our members I think from Alabama has a 63 4 door for parts that his dad bought new 409/340 hp, hasn't been on in a while. :dunno

Rob Walden

Supporting Member 1
I miss the old Pate swap meet. Nothing like a little cow crap on the bottom of your shoe while looking at rusty gold. Sorry a little off subject just brought back good memories! Back then you could order just about anything. I would not doubt it could be real.

cheap lil 409

409 Biscayne? Yes. Police cars. I have a numbers 400hp. 409 2dr. Biscayne....blue. 2dr cars were the high speed persuit cars.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Years ago there was a black 4-door...either Belair or Biscayne..........that was totally original and frame-offed...425HP 4-speed. ULTIMATE GROCERY GETTER!!!!