63 Chevy

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
Here is something that's really got my attention. A friend of mine called yesterday and asked me if 63 chevy's ever had an aluminum front end. I said yes there were a few and why do you ask. He said a friend of his had called him from Florida and that he had found a 63 chevy with an aluminum front end with a W motor that had 427 on the vale covers and was wondering if he would be interested in buying the car. I told him to get more info and get back with me that I might be interested. This is the same guy who had a body shop cut the top off of a 62 BT, then the body shop guy working on the car died, so he just crushed the whole thing. This guy has had 5-10 BT's and thinks they are all a POS, absolutely has no regard for old iron, but he calls everytime he hears about something. Anyway, my curiosity is at it's all time high right now. It will probably end up being a bunch of warmed over BS.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Roger, Sounds good to me, but I think we better take Rusty with us,, he has the contact !!!!! Let us know Rusty, we are ready to travel.:cheers

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Roger, Sounds good to me, but I think we better take Rusty with us,, he has the contact !!!!! Let us know Rusty, we are ready to travel.:cheers
I think all the organizing you Texas guys have been doing has delayed you enough. Phil could already have been down there...after all he has been quiet today!! Is he already on the road:scratch
robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Yes Robert, I've just stopped at a truck stop in Alabama to refuel the dually!!!! Will give you a progress report later tomorrow!!!!:roll :roll :roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Damn just what I thought Phil on another raid...... Say Phil while your down there would you promise to pick up a NOS aluminum front for a friend of mine's SD Pontiac that is in FLA.
robert

Speed

Supporting Member 1
nearly all of the 57 built are accounted for......
wonder which this is..
If it's a Z-11

( wild goose chase?)

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
Hey there Scott,
I talked to my friend Gary today and supposedly his friend that saw the car in Florida said he told someone else about it and that someone else bought the car.He still claims it was an aluminum front end 63 and had a 427 "W" in it, but all the details are sketchy because Gary just did'nt give a $hit and follow up on it like I asked him to. You have to remember, he's the one that has owned and junked 5-10 bubbletops, including one aluminum front 62, and laughs about it. Anyway the car is supposedly headed to Gainsville, Tx and Gary is still fat and happy with his bragging rights.

Rusty

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Rusty, Can you follow up and do some dectective work? We could make a trip to Gainseville and look it over. After all, that is just a " one six-pack " trip. Let me know. Maybe we could hook up with the guy at Pate and listen to the story. :dunno

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Ronnie and Rusty
are you'll going to come and visit all of us at pate:dunno
we will be at the same location as last year:brow

Might have something cold to drink:roll :roll :roll

:cheers

Roger

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Rusty, Can you follow up and do some dectective work? We could make a trip to Gainseville and look it over. After all, that is just a " one six-pack " trip. Let me know. Maybe we could hook up with the guy at Pate and listen to the story. :dunno

Count me in...I'll do the driving. Ronnie- You mean that it is a six pack trip each way right!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ronnie: Thought you gave up on Coors light but in case you haven't save your cans for my next trip up Rt. 1. Dick is saving aluminum to help pay for his BWR alumn block:roll
robert

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ronnie: Thought you gave up on Coors light but in case you haven't save your cans for my next trip up Rt. 1. Dick is saving aluminum to help pay for his BWR alumn block:roll
robert

Ronnie should be able to get Dick enough aluminum for the block in about 3 weeks!!!

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
Pate

Ronnie and Rusty
are you'll going to come and visit all of us at pate:dunno
we will be at the same location as last year:brow

Might have something cold to drink:roll :roll :roll

:cheers

Roger

Roger,
I am planning on it, could you post your row and space again, CRS keeps getting worse.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Rusty, I have recieved no e-mail from you. Just tried to e-mail you and it does not show up in "sent". Please try again. I'm afraid my computer expert (Brian) needs to check my set-up.