63 sport coup rescue

409envy

Well Known Member
Been away for a while but I recently picked up a new project that deserves rescue. 63 sport coup assembled at Baltimore plant, black on black interior, v8, 4 speed. Likely an original 409 car but engine and transmission long gone. Found in north New Jersey. Extremely rough.
IMG_5202.jpegIMG_5304.jpegIMG_5301.jpeg

Has the remains of a Bill Thomas Race cars sticker on the drivers quarter window. Also a 57 olds rear end and old school ladder bars. Definitely a street/drag racer from the late 60’s or 70’s. More to come!
IMG_5302.jpeg

Last edited:

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
From "afar" it might be rough, but I can't see the "extremely" part. Pics look pretty straight. Black on black, V8, 4spd, will definitely make a honey!
With AC & PS it would be Saturday night date night/cruise, Sunday morning church worthy!
Jeff

Last edited:

409envy

Well Known Member
Very interesting... I am trying to dig up the cars past to see if it has any racing history.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I'll ask him what info he can remember. Or if he's in touch with the owner before him. He bought a street stomping El Camino.
Well that sucks…….. you’ve known him for years and you didn’t even know about the car……?????… you could’ve had another……..RATS!

409envy

Well Known Member
Spent some time with the buffer and some cutting compound and the old lacquer paint still had some shine left in it. The more I dig into this car the more I’m inclined to preserve it instead of doing a complete nut and bolt restoration. It will definitely need some attention to the floors and braces but I’m seriously considering leaving the exterior as is and getting it mechanically restored back to driving condition. Call me crazy but i think im still dealing with ptsd from the Hayden Proffitt project that I just want something to drive and enjoy.

Anyway, here are some pics after compounding.
IMG_5967.jpegIMG_5966.jpegIMG_5965.jpeg