63 ss starting front clip

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Really like looking at your progress. You've done a very neat project. I think the rally's really look great and I must say again that you have a very neat and clean garage!

Dennis

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Thank's guy's maybe i will have to show you the rest of the garage.It's a 24 by 30 , i had approval to go another 10 foot longer and i wished now i would have.It's all mine as wife has her single garage attached to house for her car.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thank's guy's maybe i will have to show you the rest of the garage.It's a 24 by 30 , i had approval to go another 10 foot longer and i wished now i would have.It's all mine as wife has her single garage attached to her house for her car.

I think you missed a "her" I have added it for you:laugh

No need to thank me, anytime.

Steve

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Well got my upholstery guy to put headliner in and carpet. He is very picky with his work he turn's out and i am very pleased with it also. My interior is now finished . Complete new console front and rear ,seat's , carpet door panel's , headliner ,factory sewn visor's. photo (6).JPG photo (7).JPG photo (9).JPG photo (12).JPG photo (10).JPG photo (11).JPG [
ATTACH=full]32188[/ATTACH]
Sorry for bad picture's, best i could do with lighting.

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 13

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Looks like your guy did a great job. I hope I can find a guy in Connecticut to do my Ivy car this spring. A little concerned after all the work I put ito the project, that I may have a less the desirable interior. I would be delighted if it comes out as nice as what you have pictured.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very nice looking 63!!! Do you have the shift boot in it? My wife ordered me one like a year ago from Show Cars and its on back order, just wondered if someone else carries it.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Very nice looking 63!!! Do you have the shift boot in it? My wife ordered me one like a year ago from Show Cars and its on back order, just wondered if someone else carries it.
Yes i ordered it when way back when they were still available, been quite a while.They are not available right now as another member here is needing one also.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Luv it..........nice work.........now enjoy
Not yet, I am replacing upper control arm's with more caster built in for better handling as per instruction's with power steering gear box suggest's, and then align. I had a slight vibration on some short road test's and checked and found two bent rim's so have to replace those.:mad Need to install hood and trunk insulation ,{ not stock } find a spare tire and wheel, adjust low beam's, high's seem ok.Differential has ring and pinion noise as i just serviced it when putting it in , thought i might get lucky and be quiet and just try it first,no cigar. Will do differential down the road.I am installing air lift air bag's in rear coil's so i can set my desired height in rear. I put in stock new coil's ,but like to be up just a little more. I did have those stiff rough, and i mean rough riding, 409 spring's in rear even with one coil cut off .I did like how it set though, as i junked those. Also a few little odd's and end's here and there.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The Car Shop lists the boot in their paper catalog. Here is a link to their web site http://www.truckandcarshop.com/ . I will need to order one hopefully in a year or so for my '63, hope they still have it available.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I just had a little time to look on line. The Car Shop lists the '63 SS boot as part number 63-04612.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I think only one maker of the boot, been discussed here before. I know my source said not available at present time ,as i was checking for another member here also.