63 Tempest SD?

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just seeing this thread. My aunt had a brand new '63 Pontiac Tempest with a 326 engine. Not sure of the carb. or anything else. But that thing could fly. Never forgot that car. As for fenders, try the PY (Performance Years) site. They are all Pontiac and have quite a large membership. They talk quite often about the Tempest and have a parts for sale section. Best wishes, Carmine.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
No idea what it raced originally. Not owned by the Farmer but driven once in a while by him. My buddy bought it from Speed Craft speed shop in Franklin Park, IL without an engine. Never finished it. Square tube frame, straight axle, 55 olds rear, etc.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ask Phil to ask Harden profit about the 63 Tempest he drove for Mickey Thompson.
Royal Pontiac was another that was running the Tempest, both coupe & Wagon.

Dave

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Union Park Pontiac (Harold Ramsey) raced a SD tempest and a local guy knew Harold and bought the tempest from Union Park after they quit racing it. Roland raced it at US 13 and Cecil for years and I don’t remember it’s fate other than it went to some folks near me and Mackenzie. Maybe we should have someone look into if it’s still in Southern Delaware. Heck MacKenzie May have it!
Robert