63 Z11 on Youtube.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very Nice!!!! I have 1 question though???? Why Not show the mileage on the car??? IT MUST BE A LOW MILEAGE CAR TO BE A Z-11,can't imagine anyone driving one of these on the street.That would show if the car is real or not.I know that could be changed,but mileage should be shown,to really satisfy me in my mind. One other thing I noticed: In the trunk,check out the risers,area that goes from the side flat area of trunk up towards the hing area,just behind inner wheel wheel.The riser on the drivers side appears to have been repaired,looks like mud or bondo has been applied to that area to repair.I realize there will be some bondo and body seal from the factory but not a lot.That area always rots out because the body mounts on the under side of trunk hold dirt and mud causing that area to rot.Seems to me that a rare Z-11 car would not have that problem because of no street time .But just my opinion,especially for a $220,000 car. John :dunno

dac62

Supporting Member 3
Z 11

Streetside Classics In Atlanta Had The Car. 1555 Miles. $219,995 Is The Price.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I couldn't get the video to open for me but got a short glimse....red/red. Probably Raymond Fowlers' car. He's had it for yers. Also had a red/red 63 SS 425HP car.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
More interesting info

Here's more that yellow wagon posted earlier this month. Interesting, don't know anything about the car, but i learned a lot from the vehicle description of the Z-11 i did not know. cool.:cool::cool::crazy I told the wife i'd like another car and gave her the particulars, rare, collectors value, ect. Things were going pretty well until i let the price slip.

http://www.streetsideclassics.com/showcar.php/atl/172

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dick

I know what you mean Dave. Women just don't seem to understand. :dunno:dunno:dunno

:roll:roll

She did not mind when i bought here a 47 Knuck for her birthday a few years back. Problem is i have to ride it because she can't figure out the hand shift foot clutch. :roll:dunno:dunnoOh well.:cool: One year i bought her a nice tandem cargo trailer for Valentines Day. I probably got this trait from my Dad, cause i remember he bought Mom an outboard motor for her birthday one year. It's the thought that counts.

Dan Hunt

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I can see this car is very well put together(better than I could ever do) but do Z11 cars have the backup lights on the inside?

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
No they didn't. Probably just a little custom touch done on purpose because it's too obvious to be mistake.

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Does anyone know what the correct bellhousing was for a 63 409 car. I'm not being negative against this car but I can't believe this one is correct?

Bill

Well Known Member
I wonder if the seller has any of the original paper work and documentation of some sort that its a real Z11.:scratch

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
No they didn't. Probably just a little custom touch done on purpose because it's too obvious to be mistake.

The Z-11 was an Impala and as such....had backup lights!!! That means it had a 4-speed backup switch and the different taillight lens with the white center.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Phil he was asking why they put the reverse lights on the inside 2 lights instead of the center of each side !

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Does anyone know what the correct bellhousing was for a 63 409 car. I'm not being negative against this car but I can't believe this one is correct?

Bill

That's the correct bell housing. Aluminum "553" bell housing. I believe it was the last Chevrolet car to use that style of bell housing. 63 Small block and up used a 360 degree-style bell housing.

Ross

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That's the correct bell housing. Aluminum "553" bell housing. I believe it was the last Chevrolet car to use that style of bell housing. 63 Small block and up used a 360 degree-style bell housing.

Ross

I looked at the still pictures on the sellers website and the car has a 63 T10 transmission which has the small one year bearing retainer. If it is used with the 553 bellhousing there is a .250 gap all the way around the bearing retainer putting all the pressure on the bolts and ears for the transmission. You would think the 421 bellhousing would be more reliable since it fits the transmission. Hard to believe they would use that combination on a race car?

:dunno:dunno

Bill

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I looked at the still pictures on the sellers website and the car has a 63 T10 transmission which has the small one year bearing retainer. If it is used with the 553 bellhousing there is a .250 gap all the way around the bearing retainer putting all the pressure on the bolts and ears for the transmission. You would think the 421 bellhousing would be more reliable since it fits the transmission. Hard to believe they would use that combination on a race car?

:dunno:dunno

Bill

Bill,
As I understand it, there were two different aluminum case T-10's in 63...one with the small retainer for Corvette and 327 hp pass with the 421 bell housing and a different one for 409 cars used with the 553 bell housing which must have had the larger retainer. I don't have a 63 Parts Catalog to verify.

gearhead409

Well Known Member
all 63 t10s use the small front bearing main case. the small blocks use a small dia. alum front retainer and the 409s use a large dia. cast iron retainer. these retainers will only fit the small bearing 63 main case.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yes. The beariner retainer is the same as used on the 3 speeds from 62 and earlier. Not sure what years exactly. I believe the part number is also shown in 60-64 Chevy by the numbers.

The 63 Muncie case also uses the smaller bearing and the two different retainers.

Ross