64 Belair front clip

zootzee

Well Known Member
Hello all
I took the front clip of my chev apart about a year ago. But I didn't take any picture, (didn't think or know any better). I have the build manual and shop manual. I was hoping that someone is smarter than me and took some pictures of theirs.
If so could you please send me your pics?
When we started taking it apart we weren't very knowlegable and we even took the bumper off in three parts.
So please if you have some please help.
Thank you
Steve

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Steve,this is not a hard job.Mount your core support 1st(unit that holds the radiator assembly).Its held on with 2 large bolts at the front of frame.It will need large washers,and also the rubber gromets.If you already do not have bolts,order a front clip bolt kit.It contains all the necessary hardware to mount front clip.Any of the Chevy suppliers stocks it.Once the core support is mounted ,assembly your fenders,its just a matter of installing the bolts and adjusting the fender to fit probably.I installed my inner fenders after everything was mounted.Keep the core support loose,so the assembly can be adjusted to where you need it.Install your lower splash rail assembly(fender extension across the front of car) that goes from bottom front of both fenders and ties the front end together.This is the unit that mounts under the bottom of the grille.Install your grille before you install the bumper.There are a ton of bolts that mount the grille.Install the grille as 1 unit.Steve,this is very basic and simple work,common sense will tell you to bolt everything together,do not forget the bolt at the bottom of the fender. Good luck,John