64 Impala A\C question

chevyjason

Well Known Member
Hi everyone, just after an idea on value. I have a 64 Impala with factory a\c that is getting stripped.
Is the a\c stuff, dash, heater box or any of that stuff worth anything? Was all in working condition.
Thank you.

bobs409

Administrator
Absolutely! Every good usable part of an old car has some value. Somebody out there needs it. Put it on ebay! :ebay

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Agree with Bob. Certainly does have value. When I was trying to fix the factory a/c in my '64, I was having a hard time trying to find a few parts. Some are remanufactured but many are not. You shouldn't have any problem selling that stuff. You should also know and salvage a control valve that is located behind the glove box on the unit itself. Have to take the glove box out to get to it. Has small hoses connected to it. It directs what goes where and is very important. They don't make this part for a '64. For a '63 they do but not exactly the same. I had to alter a '63 part, but still don't think it was 100% right , Carmine.

chevyjason

Well Known Member
Thanks for that guys, i was going to list it on line, but i just have no idea if it's $100 worth or $1000?
Just to complicate matters further i am in Australia so the market to sell LHD dash and A\C stuff will be minimal also.
Converting it to RHD, so everything is now removed and is in nice shape.
If anyone here wants to make an offer please feel free to do so.

bobs409

Administrator
Try to find similar items already on ebay or completed sales there. If nothing, let the buyers decide by doing it auction style. :D