64 TI 409 update

409TI

Does anyone have a TI 409 car? I'm just finsihing mine now. Here are a few updated pictures. It's a 64 QP 409/425 Impala SS. Frame off restoration, numbers matching motor, transmission, frame, AS 4.56 POSI rear end, radio delete, tilt, wood wheel, padded dash, power steering, powder coated frame and suspension, everything restored, period correct 5 spoke americans, car was purchased new in Aburn California, original black plates, car had not been driven since 1973, 33k original miles. Should be finsihed in 2 months. Car will be for sale upon completion. The price of the car will reflect it's quality and rarity.

409008.jpg

409003.jpg

409025.jpg

409023.jpg

409021.jpg

409018.jpg

Old School

Supporting Member 1
Hi TI
Gorgeous job! I saw this car last year when you had it apart. Congratulations! For a building contractor, you do fantastic first class car restoration work. You put a lot of the professional shops around here to shame.

Mick

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's an awesome restoration! Nice job.
Is that the original engine? I was wondering if the VIN matches the number stamped on the block. The cowl tag indicates the second week of April but the stamping on the block shows a Feb 13th assembly date. Does anyone know, could the engine be assembled two months before the car?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to discredit your car, I'm just curious about the time frames for assembly of these cars.

mpris

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My 64 shows 11B on the cowl tag with T0830QB on the engine. So I quess thats not a problem.

Poocho

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
That is so pretty it would hurt me to drive it! great job! Nice stance also, what size rear tires?

First TI I've seen. Really neat restoration.

I had heard from one source that on the VIN and the body tag there was no way to tell one V8 from another ie 283 from an 09. Or are there specific codes to look for on them.