'65 biscayne 409 - tuned up and rarin' to go..

ctb409

Supporting Member 4
2.5" mandrel bent dual exhaust with electric cut-outs is next. New red interior has been purchased. I've decided on hot rod (satin) black paint for that nasty look. Hope to be ready for spring car shows and layin' rubber with that new 4 link 12 bolt 4:10 posi.new 409 engine.jpg65 biscayne body.jpg

W-motorhead

Supporting Member 1
Did you try to maintain the original tune of the '65 409 engine or make some modifications? I do see aluminum headers peaking out from your beautiful engine compartment.
Dan Fults

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It's going to look great in satin black and it's going to be a rocket with that engine. :beer
It's going to look and sound deadly, it'll scare soccer moms and make little kids cry. :cry:clap

ctb409

Supporting Member 4
You '65 guys will notice the distance from the fan to the rad. I forgot to give Aubrey the shroud/mid spacer that sits between the rad support and the rad itself. The biscayne now has the original 6 cyl rad that was beefed up. (The original 6 cyl rad set up has no mid spacer but the extra flange on the rad for the fan shroud). The GM book shows the 396's with the mid spacer/shroud but no fan shroud. Go figure.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car is really cool, I love it. Too bad its so far away from me, I would love to line up against it seeing as how the drivetrains are quite similar even though Craig's motor has more cubic inches :brow

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The car is really cool, I love it. Too bad its so far away from me, I would love to line up against it seeing as how the drivetrains are quite similar even though Craig's motor has more cubic inches :brow

Jason,
Are you going to make it to Thompson this year :brow

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian I'd like to try. All depends on my vacation time availability. I'm trying to get everything ready to make the car track-ready.

Great to hear Craig's motor runs strong. Looking forward to some videos of it!

ctb409

Supporting Member 4
Quit teasing me Jason. I'm contemplating driving the Biscayne to the 65-66 chevy club's national convention in Dubuque, Iowa and then on to southern Ontario, just east of Windsor/Detroit, to let my brother drive it. ( In an earlier post I mentioned he bought a new 65 black biscayne 409/400 4 speed from J. Holland motors in Burlington Ontario - we both worked there for a while. I have an old photo I took of him coming off the line against a '64 09 at Cayuga/Kohler) . What's a slight detour to Mt Pleasant or Thompson??? Not a big deal to me, i just have to leave now at 38mph...

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Haha, glad to hear you have plans to drive it. That's half the fun. We have the historic Great Lakes Dragaway here just min from my house. Or like most in the area, they prefer to stripe the country roads black in the summer. If you make it to Thompson and I can make it also, it would be fun to run them

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'd love to see both of you guys make it to Thompson. :beer
It's only six months away.