65 impala SS console...

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I am helping a friend with his 65 and we're unsure what color the carpet on the bottom of the console should be. His interior is blue. Should the carpet on the bottom be blue also? Or should the carpet be black, to match the console?

Also, where all the 65 SS consoles black? I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't black.

Ross

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
now that you say that, i don't know if I have ever seen one that wasn't black as well.
Although, That would be weird because every other chevrolet model that has had bucket seats and console has always had a color matched console to the color of the interior. from 1962 on up. Now I am curious.
:dunno

The carpet would be black on the black console.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I went on Ebay and looked at the 65 impala SS cars for sale.
All of them had either a black or white interior which always have a black console.
There was one exception, a 65 impala SS convertible, blue with blue interior.
The car did have a black console.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-C...49QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6169QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The 65 impalas must have all had black consoles.
Odd that I have never noticed that before, until you pointed that out.
:scratch

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the link, Droptop! Its been bugging me, too!! I can't tell from the pictures but it looks like there is blue carpet on the bottom of that console. The computer I am on has a totally worn out monitor so everything is really dark. I can't tell what it has. I'll have to do some digging through some old magazines. I'll post my findings.
Ross

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
From what I know all console were black with matching carpet,,,dq