66 327 Info

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just picked up a 1966 (D296) 327 engine and need some help decoding it. Anybody up for it?

Engine Casting Number: 3858174
Engine Stamp in front of pass. head: V0505EER (No VIN)
Engine Date Code: D296
HB Casting on rear of engine (Other info on rear of Block: C, H4, 852, 174)

Head Casting Number: 3890462
Head Date Code: D206 and D266

Crank Casting: 2680

No Cam....I need to see if he still has it.

Thanks-
Brian

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Brian

You have a 327 275HP powerglide engine out of a 66 Chevelle. Might not sound like much but even though you have the small valve heads they can be opened up to accept the larger 2.20 valves and a lot of performance parts are available at reasonable prices for the 327.

Put it to good use.

Bill

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian

You have a 327 275HP powerglide engine out of a 66 Chevelle. Might not sound like much but even though you have the small valve heads they can be opened up to accept the larger 2.20 valves and a lot of performance parts are available at reasonable prices for the 327.

Put it to good use.

Bill

Bill-

Thanks for looking into this for me. Did you decode this from the EER suffix? I was not able to find anything on the suffix EER. If so, can you point to the site where this can be done?

Thanks again Bill-

Brian

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The EE code plus a casting number and date tells you for sure. The R after the code would tell you that the car came with a Rochester carb and if it had an H it would be a Holley.

Bill

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The EE code plus a casting number and date tells you for sure. The R after the code would tell you that the car came with a Rochester carb and if it had an H it would be a Holley.

Bill

Bill-

Thank you for helping me on this. I couldn't figure out how to decode the suffix.

Take Care-
Brian