66 IMPALA Wiper motor

EB442

Where can I find one? Seems that 65 & 66 are unique, interested in a source for working used, restored or reman.

EB442

Thanks Don, I think you may have seen 2 listings for window motors. I don't find any listing for the wiper motor.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hubbard’s, impala parts.com has a listing and Impala bobs haven’t seen a aftermarket source like dorman or A-1 but I’ll keep looking!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That picture is a single speed..no wipers. I think Impalas had 2-speed from the factory.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That picture is a single speed..no wipers. I think Impalas had 2-speed from the factory.
Yeah I’m not really sure on that your probably correct. I did see that caprice, bel air and biscayne had the same motor in those years but not much of a help lol it’s looking like send it out, find a local rebuilder or Hubbard’s or bobs but they want $300.00:scared2

bobs409

Administrator
You just bolt the washer pump onto that style motor. My 66 Chevelle has that one and all my trucks have similar. All of those are 2 speed wipers with the pump attached to it. Both single and 2spd look like that one.

My 66 Impala has this one: (best pic I can find at the moment, it's 6:12AM!) It appears the be the same one as my 63 Impala.

100_9729.jpg

Last edited:

62BillT

Well Known Member
According to a wiper rebuilder that I would send cores to, I remember him saying that the '65 2-Speed is by itself and technically different from the others. Now others may work, but not real sure.

EB442

WOW, you guys are great! Thanks for all the info. I had found that Cardone will rebuild and that some of the specialty suppliers have new reproduction units priced accordingly. It seems that the 65 and 66 are the same but unique from other years. I hope to find a working used unit and will check the leads provided. Thank you very much.

bobs409

Administrator
WOW, you guys are great! Thanks for all the info. I had found that Cardone will rebuild and that some of the specialty suppliers have new reproduction units priced accordingly. It seems that the 65 and 66 are the same but unique from other years. I hope to find a working used unit and will check the leads provided. Thank you very much.

If you ever figure out what the difference is, let us know! :D