67 Chevelle

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks for the pics Bob. I wonder if you had used the BB eng stands if it would have made a difference. Doesnt seem that much of a difference between a 396 pan and a 409 pan.
Anyway I have this that I was saving to use on a 55-57 install…..ugly but might work.
View attachment 61403

View attachment 61404

View attachment 61405

That looks like it might work. Instead of adding onto the bottom, they added to the side. :)

You got me thinking about those engine towers. They probably are big block as this did have a 396 originally. Not sure if I ever verified which they are or how to tell difference.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Only 93 today so I'm out there in the sun drilling out the rest of the spotwelds of the old skin edges and the front and rear headers so I can fit the new skin on. It's gonna be slow from here on out as it goes permanently over 100 this week and I may not get back to it until October.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks for the pics Bob. I wonder if you had used the BB eng stands if it would have made a difference. Doesnt seem that much of a difference between a 396 pan and a 409 pan.
Anyway I have this that I was saving to use on a 55-57 install…..ugly but might work.
View attachment 61403

View attachment 61404

View attachment 61405
I did this to the pan in "Joint Venture " 348 to clear the front Cross member. My machinist Jeff Lawrence " Lawrence Racing engines . Did the modifications.

bobs409

Administrator
Only 93 today so I'm out there in the sun drilling out the rest of the spotwelds of the old skin edges and the front and rear headers so I can fit the new skin on. It's gonna be slow from here on out as it goes permanently over 100 this week and I may not get back to it until October.

2nd shift. :D what are the temps at night?

Just to rub it in as a little payback, it's in the 60's here with a refreshing light breeze. :martini

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Nights are much better, only in the high 90's usually but I don't do nights. Will basically be in hibernation from June to Oct. Routine is hangar in the morning to take care of planes and BS over coffee while solving the world's problems then usually home in the AC by noon. I may be lazy but at least I'm slow.

Bob, 60's is too cold to work.