'69 Hurricayne

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Anyone remember a 69 Biscayne 427 (L72) 4 speed (M22) in the Detroit area?

Belonged to Dick Ross who bought the car 'new' to drag race and

campaigned it as 'HURRICAYNE'.............:bow

Friend of mine has bought this car and wants to restore it to
original drag race condition................:D

Any info or pics would be appreciated..........:beerbang

:cheers
bj

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't remember hearing about it, but I can tell you my father has owned a 69 two door Belair since 1971 and we've only seen about 4 other two door Biscaynes / Belairs in person in all those years. If you ever need a door or something specific to that car your UP THE CREEK !!!! Although 1970 was essentially the same car with a different front clip, rear bumper, and rear valance panel......I have never seen or even heard of a 1970 two door post Biscayne or Belair. I wonder if they built any???? Wonder why they wouldn't have???

NASCAR FAN

Well Known Member
The 1970 Biscayne and Bel Air series were not available in a 2-dr. sedan body style. Canadian cars may have been different.

Rick

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for clearing that up. It'd be easy to "make one out of a 69 if someone just loved 70's or wanted the only one, but I don't know who in the world would. :roll

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hayden Proffit and a '69 2-door sedan???!!!

Here is a recent shot of Hayden Proffitt with a sharp '69 Bel Air 2-door sedan. Imagine the damage he could of done back in the day to all the B/Stock competition with an L-72 425HP/427 example to the GTO's, Mopars, Fords and SS396 Chevelles if he worked his magic!!

Attachments

• GENE2.jpg
    GENE2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 161

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That's Roger's garage and this was 2 years ago for Roger's birthday!!! Were you there??? I was!!!!

Hayden is a blast when he's around these old race cars!!!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
BJ....can you give me an update on your friend's restoration? Is he planning to run the car any at all or just for show?

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey 1961Belair427

Haven't talked to him in a while but I think quik9r sees him occassionally.

The car will turn out pretty nice if it's anything like others he has done...:cool:

I'll let you know of any progress.

:cheers

bj

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thank you. The 69 2 door post cars have always been cool to me. I like them all through 66, but 67 and 68 just never looked quite as good. I know that's wierd and alot of people hate the outline grill of the 69s. Plus they look HUGE and there is just something about a BIG car that goes faster than it ought to that is the ultimate cool.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
QB409

I've received a few emails from you about the restoration of your 69 L72 Biscayne, but your settings won't let me reply through my email account or to send you a private message on here. :dunno In case you see this, I just wanted to let ya know I appreciate you contacting me and I'm not trying to ignore the emails.