A big "howdy ya'll" from stock car country.

LUKE'57

I'm from the land of those free spirited, whiskey runnin', powerslidin' good ol' boys that started stock car racing way back when. I usually build Fords (my daily driver is a '64 Galaxie) but I've got friends that believe in the bowtie brand and I even owned a few myself during some of my weaker moments ;) so does that let me slip in under the fence?

I've even built a few Chevys, like this replica of Ned Jarrett's '61 Bel Air . Here it is in front of my shop with me and Ned when I rolled it out for some photos. I've got some better shots if anyone would like to see some more.

62CHEVY11MENED.jpg

I met Ned and Rex White and spent a little time with a guy named Smokey before he passed so maybe ya'll will let a dyed in the wool Ford guy come play occasionally, huh?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Luke, Glad you found us. We can't get enough of history from the " old days". Looking forward to your input. :)

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome!

Anyone with as much history as I expect you have will be most welcome to this Forum :).

Say, isn't that a 1962 in the pic? Very nice! I'm quite envious of the photo opp!

I'ts OK if you drive a Ford every day, I'll counterbalance that by driving my '62 409 every day :).

What is you most memorable moment or period during those days of racing?

Cheers!
TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Luke Hello from a former N.C. guy and loved racin' back in "the day" There are some current NASCAR folks and even ex-old (heh,heh) drivers/owners on here. Keep the pictures and old stories coming as we love them:clap :clap
robert

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anyone with as much history as I expect you have will be most welcome to this Forum :).

Say, isn't that a 1962 in the pic? Very nice! I'm quite envious of the photo opp!

I'ts OK if you drive a Ford every day, I'll counterbalance that by driving my '62 409 every day :).

What is you most memorable moment or period during those days of racing?

Cheers!
TomK

Tom , be nice to the new member. When he looked at the picture he was posting he could only see the side and front of the car, a view the Ford guys didn't see.:roll

Welcome to the Zoo Luke

Ray