A great day

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Had a great day yesterday. Got to meet Cecil in person ( what a person !!! ) and after many months of delays, finally got Barry's new car out for "test and tune" session. Some minor bugs to work out, especially shifter snafu. Ran 6.25 in the 1/8 mi. Brian may post a "you tube" later on. Looks like we caught a Dodge S/S car by surprise. Yes sir,,, a great day. :):)

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:cheers Man that things moves !!!:cheers

How many times can you watch that ???

I`m still counting !!!! Way to Go !!!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
:clap:clap Looking good Ronnie! I'd love to have seen the mopar guys expression when he realized he was only good for a runner up. :roll

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Would seem almost a natural rivalry match up from back in the day.
Who doesn't love a 1962 Chevrolet sedan race car, especially when it is running that good.

Must have been a great time.:cheers

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dang, how did I miss the fun?:scratch
I really enjoyed my visit with Ronnie. The man has a lake and a park in his back yard. Seeing all that growing green stuff is quite a contrast to the endless sea of tan in AZ.
:cheers

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil:

What did Ronnie's garage look like?????????????????

He wouldn't let me close to it!!!!!:roll:roll:roll:roll

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yep, It is a tired 481. Two full seasons on it . Transplanted from the Chevy II. Hope it lasts 2 more months, at which time I can pull it and do rings and bearings during the winter.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Great pics!

Ronnie:

Congrats on a task well done! Glad you had the chance to get some bugs out. And glad to learn you connected up with the one and only OldSkyDog :). Did you take the Harley?

Brian, thanks for shooting the video :). Love those Belair sedans!

TomK

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dang, how did I miss the fun?:scratch
I really enjoyed my visit with Ronnie. The man has a lake and a park in his back yard. Seeing all that growing green stuff is quite a contrast to the endless sea of tan in AZ.
:cheers

Cecil-

I was waiting by the phone for Ronnie to let me know when you would be there. Would have loved to have met you. We will have to take a road trip out to your neck of the woods.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the vid Brian. Looks great Ronnie:beerbang Seems like that will be a familiar view of the Belair for many competitors in the future :D :cheers

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
am I seeing the makings of a match race next year with the Texas 62 vs theMaryland Bob Walker built 63 vs the Pennsylvania "terror" Steve's 62 at Norwalk.
robert

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
looks great

Looks great Ronnie, really comes off the line hard!!!!:beerbang

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil:

What did Ronnie's garage look like?????????????????

He wouldn't let me close to it!!!!!:roll:roll:roll:roll

You wouldn't t like it Phil. It's clean and well organized. You could actually walk around in it. What's up with that?:rolleyes:
:roll

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Let's start another poll......... How many people would turn Phil loose in their garage/shop?:roll:roll
robert

That's a thought. :scratchMaybe he could find that rattlesnake that's living in mine. I found a snakeskin a couple of weeks back.:eek: After Phill starts digging through my junk maybe he''ll scare it away.:p
:roll