acronym

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Question about acronyms I know what OEM stands for what does NOS stand for when your buying vintage parts?

our 1962

Thanks Ted:)

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
About NOS

Just so you know (as a buyer), "NOS" parts do not necessary equate to "perfect original parts" when used as an advertising descriptor. As these parts are often 40 plus years old, they may have some "shelf rash" or ding or scratch on them. Often there's a reason they sat on a shelf for soooo long (they weren't good enough back in the day). On the other hand, they might just be in perfect condition. It just depends on the part and how the seller/owner chooses to describe that part.

Hope that helps some!

Best,
TomK

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
thank you

All,

I'm having a great time learning as I want my 1962 orginal from back in the day!

I'm close to having everything to start the change over from the 327 to new rebuilt 409/409!!!!!

I just want to turn the key as we cranked the 409/409 on the motor stand broke the cam in and leak checked!!!!!

I can't wait to poste the pictures with that she's so fine my 409! :)

our 1962

Thanks Ted

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm almost afraid to ask...

I know what BFH is but not BFE. :scratch

OK,,, I know what BFE and BFD is but not BFH.:dunno

BFE= (shipwreak) by the way bfe means bumb f#ck egypt or houston for the prying minds

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We need a new one. How about OWF? I believe it applies to most of us here and gives the youngsters something to strive for.

( Old "W" Farts):roll