Add LED's to your power equipment

bobs409

Administrator
Here's a good tip to get more light on your mill or drill press. (or other equipment) Add some "angel eyes" LED's! I just bought some from ebay and installed one on my milling machine today. Really helps light up a dark area. Different sizes are available.

You get 2 of them for $8.67 & free shipping so very inexpensive. It runs on 12-24 volts so a power pack from a rechargeable drill or similar is all that is needed.

Here is a link to where I got mine:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251564693042?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Heck, I might add 2 of these in my Jeep as dome lights!! :think

DSCN7388.jpg DSCN7389.jpg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Well,,,,,,,,, then do you have the latest in bathroom stool's , where a little water spout come 's down from the back and spray's your butt with warm water.???:laughing:laughing

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That really lights up your drill press nice Bob. If the Department of Labor, Mining Safety and Health Administration came around you would receive a citation and a fine of $125 to $200 FOR NOT HAVING A CONTAINMENT FOR WHEN THE LED GETS BROKE. They got us for our 30 year old drill press with a regular bulb, no containment, just this year. BTW, our bulb has never been broken..................:crazy:crazy:crazy:doh:doh:dunno:dunno:dunno:scratch:scratch :fingerMSHA Just a couple of weeks ago inspected our shop. He wrote a couple of chicken$hit citations and spent 2-3 hours writing them up setting in his car. The car was running, in park, I can almost guarantee his emergency brake was on, and to top it off, he had pretty orange wheel chocks, front and rear of his left rear tire, out on our level parking lot.:wtf WTF By the time I thought of taking a pic he was gone. :appl:appl:applTheir budget is 385 million annually. They want a 20 million increase for fiscal year 2017.

bobs409

Administrator
That really lights up your drill press nice Bob. If the Department of Labor, Mining Safety and Health Administration came around you would receive a citation and a fine of $125 to $200 FOR NOT HAVING A CONTAINMENT FOR WHEN THE LED GETS BROKE. They got us for our 30 year old drill press with a regular bulb, no containment, just this year. BTW, our bulb has never been broken..................:crazy:crazy:crazy:doh:doh:dunno:dunno:dunno:scratch:scratch :fingerMSHA Just a couple of weeks ago inspected our shop. He wrote a couple of chicken$hit citations and spent 2-3 hours writing them up setting in his car. The car was running, in park, I can almost guarantee his emergency brake was on, and to top it off, he had pretty orange wheel chocks, front and rear of his left rear tire, out on our level parking lot.:wtf WTF By the time I thought of taking a pic he was gone. :appl:appl:applTheir budget is 385 million annually. They want a 20 million increase for fiscal year 2017.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!