ADVISE NEEDED ON ENGINE NOISE

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I recently found this in the first 350 i built when i was in high school.... we’ve had this engine in several vehicles over the past 25 years. It was making noise that almost sounded like a rod knock but was more high pitched. I could have sworn the noise was coming from the back of the engine or bellhousing. After we didnt find anything loose or out of place there, we just kept taking things apart until we found this. It stayed together and never came apart in the bore. Dont have a picture of the cylinder wall, but its fine, could probably just replace one piston and rings and be done with it. 78DAFF27-A1B6-43D7-AAA4-2BD5DEA9C243.jpegF2F1DC90-9C64-40E5-AB17-538680AC5947.jpegC33B0D92-0E79-474C-9453-0E5584D95B7B.jpeg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I recently found this in the first 350 i built when i was in high school.... we’ve had this engine in several vehicles over the past 25 years. It was making noise that almost sounded like a rod knock but was more high pitched. I could have sworn the noise was coming from the back of the engine or bellhousing. After we didnt find anything loose or out of place there, we just kept taking things apart until we found this. It stayed together and never came apart in the bore. Dont have a picture of the cylinder wall, but its fine, could probably just replace one piston and rings and be done with it. View attachment 101202View attachment 101203View attachment 101204
Trying to figure out how I would fix that. :D

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I recently found this in the first 350 i built when i was in high school.... we’ve had this engine in several vehicles over the past 25 years. It was making noise that almost sounded like a rod knock but was more high pitched. I could have sworn the noise was coming from the back of the engine or bellhousing. After we didnt find anything loose or out of place there, we just kept taking things apart until we found this. It stayed together and never came apart in the bore. Dont have a picture of the cylinder wall, but its fine, could probably just replace one piston and rings and be done with it. View attachment 101202View attachment 101203View attachment 101204
JB weld that bitch and send it!