AFB Comp Series 600cfm 9605S-3565 repair

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
After some advice from guys on the form I have found the problem with my carbs. The throttle shafts were worn badly and leaking quite a bit. This caused a lean condition and heating problem. Could not make the car idle correctly. I bought the ream and the bushings and it is an easy fix on one side, however on the other side the bushings are set very deep in the shaft boss that the ream is about 2 inches short. I'm trying to find a longer ream. I have talked to many carb shops but no one know much about the comp series. One guy said that in 40 years he has only repaired about 10 of these carbs. I have ask many repair shop the difference in a comp series and a regular AFB an got about that many answers. Some say the difference is all internal, one guy said the only difference he could find was the bore size of accelerator pump was larger. Any ideas?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The 9000 series and regular afb are different animals. Try msc or McMaster-Carr for the longer reamer.

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't know why I didn't think of McMaster-Car I've got stuff from them before. I guess when you get old your brain gets old as well. My shafts are 3/8. I would have to remeasure but I think I would need a ream about 10 inches. Thank you for your help.