Aftermarket wheels on 62 bubbletop

Poppas409

Well Known Member
Lots of really nice pictures and ideas. Rethinking about staying with the 15s, maybe go larger. For you guys that have gone larger what issues did you have with fitment? What width rim and backspacing? I really want polished or chrome , I think it will set off the black. Thanks for all the input.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
C25238C2-31C4-4347-968B-38AA5A4317FD.jpeg
These mags are called Morbec.

A guy I knew made about 400 sets, Perry Morrison.

His Dad owned a machine shop. Perry designed them in mechanical arts class in school.

Talked his Dad into making the centers in aluminum.

He used John Deere tractor rims and wedged and bolted the pieces together.

A local wheel, but really sought after in the 60’s

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
View attachment 94521
These mags are called Morbec.

A guy I knew made about 400 sets, Perry Morrison.

His Dad owned a machine shop. Perry designed them in mechanical arts class in school.

Talked his Dad into making the centers in aluminum.

He used John Deere tractor rims and wedged and bolted the pieces together.

A local wheel, but really sought after in the 60’s

Is that Dennis Gage driving...????......I do like your wheels.....!!!!!.......I see the camara guy in the backseat.......!!!!.....I also remember that episode, your black mopar was in there too.....can’t beat it........so buy it........!!!!

Shesrealfine

Supporting Member 1
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I am considering changing my wheels to aftermarket shiny wheels. I have 15inch wheels witH the dogdish hubcaps now, car is black want something that will set off the black paint. I want to stay with 15s none of the larger wheels. Been looking through foto albums, trying to get ideas. Thanks.

Question, a little off the subject....Will the stock 62 dog dish 14" hubcaps fit a later 15" Chevy wheel ? My 62 Belair has 15" wheels and 66 Chevelle dog dish hubcaps and I'd like the 14" stock hubcaps, but I assumed that the 15s had a larger circle than the 14s for the "nubs" that hold the dog dish hubcaps.

bubpletop62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Like Don said, yes, the ‘62 poverty caps fit 14” and 15” wheels. I bought a set yrs ago (15”) from an ‘auto recycler’. They were on a ‘71-‘72 Caprice. Same wheel used from ‘70-‘80 Chevy full size. BTW, I have a rare set of poverty caps for my Belair made by Cal Customs called ‘Black Jack Moons’. Really look cool.
Dennis Bubp

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Is that Dennis Gage driving...????......I do like your wheels.....!!!!!.......I see the camara guy in the backseat.......!!!!.....I also remember that episode, your black mopar was in there too.....can’t beat it........so buy it........!!!!

Yep, that’s Dennis driving along with his cameraman in the back seat for this filming shot.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have ridlers on my Pontiac and I’m going to put them on my 63 belair, on my Pontiac I have 215 up front and 235/55r17 in the rear no issues. They offer some nice style and there not pocket killers.

Attachments

• 7A36D230-F81E-44A4-B668-80DEC9AD8013.jpeg
    7A36D230-F81E-44A4-B668-80DEC9AD8013.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 10