air intake horns

Hey guys
I'm in the middle of purchasing a air cleaner (original)
for a 1960 Impala 348/3x2 set up.
My question is does anyone no the distance between the air
intake horns on the air breather. When i look at photos of other 60 / 348 /3x2 set ups the horns look further apart then the one i am getting. I think it may be for a Cadillac. Please help.
Thanks Mike

I went out and measured the 3 x 2 air cleaner on my set-up. The distance center to center is about 21 inches measured at the inlets. They are greater than 90 degrees apart. The Pontiac and other GM 3x3 air cleaners had a much smaller span between the intakes.

Be careful!

thanks

thanks
but my concern is the distance between the air horns the one i'm looking at is only six inches apart from each other
I think this is too close for a chevy breather
Thanks Mike

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I ACTUALLY MEASURED THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE AIRCLEANER MOUNTING STUD HOLES ON THE CARBS-----6 inches between the front and the center carbs and 6 inches between the center and rear carbs----and it is for a 348. Guaranteed-'nuff said!

SteveD

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I quess I misunderstood, I thought he wanted to know the distance the air inlet horns not the carb holes. Sorry
Tommy

your'e right tommy

you're right tommy i need to know the distancebetween the air intake horns the breather i have is supposed to be for a 60
348 3x2 set up. On the breather there are two intake horns. what if you know is the distance between them,on the breather i have they are 6 inches apart frokm each other.
Thanks Mike

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Still sounds like a Pontiac breather. If it is, the three carb holes won't be the same size. The hole for the center carb is not the same size as the end carbs. Can't remember if it's smaller or larger just remember that it's different and won't fit Chevrolet carbs.
Tommy

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry, Tommy, I appologize. I too thought he wanted the distance between the air intakes on the air cleaner, then in his second thread, in an answer to Stumppuller, it sounded as if he was correcting him and wanted the other measurement. Anyway, I apologize.
Then the distance that Stumpuller gave you and what Tommy said is correct.

SteveD

hi

Sorry I caused so much confusion.
But i didn't know how else to describe the air breather
intake horns.
I appreciate everyones input
Thanks Again
Mike

hi

Sorry I caused so much confusion.
But i didn't know how else to describe the air breather
intake horns.