Air shocks for 61 Impala

61bubtop

Do any of you guys know a company that makes air shocks for a 61 Impala? I want to raise the back of my car just a little and it helps when you have rear seat passengers. I'm new to the board but I have been checking it out for awhile, this seems like a good place to get info. on these cars. Thanks for your help.

greg

it very easy to install . unbolt lower shocks,pop coils , install bags in coil , reinstall , run air lines , set pressure , done . i just put a set in two weeks ago. the big think is it not rough on the shock monts like air shocks. come on step in the 1990's .

bobs409

Administrator
Yes, avoid air shocks if you can. They end up transferring road shock to the shock mounts as well as the weight of the car. The air bags Greg mentions are the rubber bags that go inside the coil spring, not the modern air bag system that replaces the springs. That's a whole different animal.

These can be had for $60-70 a pair.

61bubtop

Oh yeah, I know what ones you mean now. I thought you were talking about a complete system like you see on those pavement scrapers. Thanks.