All Chevy Show & Drags @ Delmar Raceway

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I understand there is a all chevy show this weekend at Delmar Raceway, on the website it's billed as a Super Chevy Show (it's not really, I'm amazed that Roger Gustin allows the use of the Super Chevy name)

Anyway, the gentleman that purchased my '63 409 last year lives nearby and says he plans to take the car to this show so.....Dick, Robert, Bob or John, if you go and see a maroon '63 09, say hello to him. Maybe you could talk him into joining us here on the 348-409 site.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
there's too much going on at my local track 75-80 this weekend to roll all the way to Delmar. went thru Cambridge just yesterday coming home from fenwick island.
Tommy, i hadnt noticed your Sig. turned from 63 impala to 64. you gonna show it to us?

this weekend starts friday night i will be entered in a class called the "nine inch nitemares" we use 9" slicks, have mufflers and run the 1/8th on a 6.50 index.
finally i am making some money and having fun with the white car. the older folks here definately like it's "old school" look. and it hauls butt. very hard to run 9inch tires. on the edge of busting loose the whole way down. last week as the #1 qualifier, i ran 6.501, 6.503 and 6.508 that had 'em paying attention.

saturday is the DC outlaws 200 mph dragsters, a 10.5 "run whatcha brung" no rules race for $3000. and a bikini contest $500 winner.

here's a shot taken launching on new stiffwall 10.5 X 28 Mickey / Thompsons. can you see how wound up the sidewalls are? i have a new pair of 9.0 X 28 M/T now. the little pic was launching on some 9 x 28 hoosiers i tried. they didnt work well at all. (tire shake)

traction.jpg

Attachments

• 9wheelie.jpg
    9wheelie.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 56

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I am trying to get there. (25 miles) I won't know until Sunday Morning. Charlie has done this Chevy event thing for many years and it draws a crowd. I think the way he promotes it on tv/radio is how it's not really classed or recognized as a "Super Chevy" thing.
robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Also a cruise/car show at the Dover AFB museum Saturday 11 AM to 3 PM. I think John plans to attend. I'll be going with him if he does.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"Tommy, i hadnt noticed your Sig. turned from 63 impala to 64. you gonna show it to us?"

Bob,
I picked it up last winter. '64 SS, Palomar red with white interior. 327/300 4 speed, original matching number motor, transmission, original shifter, carburator, air cleaner etc. Factory AM/FM, Tilt & Rose wheel, factory cruise control, P.S., P.B. etc. Just a nice driver, I've done some detailing to it but haven't taken any photos.

Attachments

• DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0058.jpg
    DSC_0058.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 61