All I can say is WOW check this 62 out.

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Nice car, but I'm tired of all that hi-tech crap. I'm also tired of LS1s. Its like all the magazines think that Chevy never built a V8 before 1997. I'm not being negative, but they're all starting to look alike. It reminds me of Chicayne: http://www.chicayne.com/ Plumcrazy: Are you going to buy it?

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Impalamike, i agree with you. Im real excited about a bunch of builds I see here, upgrading the speed and safety like brakes and suspension, but I think the important part to preserve is the engine and interior. We might hide a stereo in the glove box or under the seat though but not too loud to interrupt the symphony of "ronnies 8 cyl orchestra" Im in this solely to protect history and hopefully learn enough along the way to pass it on, like not too much megablack :>). For us its kinda a bummer to me to see mods that impact that.

Nice car, but I'm tired of all that hi-tech crap. I'm also tired of LS1s. Its like all the magazines think that Chevy never built a V8 before 1997. I'm not being negative, but they're all starting to look alike. It reminds me of Chicayne: http://www.chicayne.com/ Plumcrazy: Are you going to buy it?

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Well, that depends....

I think it's kind of over done. One thing I did notice is the Toyota wiper motor. What's with that being an outstanding feature?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:doh Too low,too slick,too modern,too much money.A 62 should "look"like a 62No problem with modern brakes and steering,but dont care for wheels and tires,and the overly slick body work[no chrome trim]
I much prefer a more peroid correct out side appearence,JMO:deal

S

Swiss Impala

I do not like if one of these classic cars looks like this one.
This is my opinion, I also can accept if somebody likes it, no problem, but
I never would violate my Impala this way! :eek:
So let's do them what they want, the original ones become more rare! :clap

1960impala283

Well Known Member
It's really nice car. The world is full of crappy, ugly, boring cars... all of those "improvements" would have been well suited to any of the unloved dogs that are out there, but... Make my 62 a dual quad, four speed, posi traction 409.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I agree, nothing wrong with upgrading brakes, interior, suspension, but changing engines, is like a heart transplant.:? It will work, but doesn't belong there.:doh:eek:Beautiful body, interior, and paint.:clap:clap:clap

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Plum Crazy: I'm sorry about the negative comments - I guess I'm too stressed out about work (at least I still have a job :pray ). I never understood the hi-tech old car. The appeal of old cars to me were that they were old. That's why my '60 has chrome reversed wheels and wide whitewalls. As society 'advances' I regress. So I'm going to go back and watch "Ozzie and Harriet" and Charlie Chan and listen to the Beach Boys. -Mike

I guess "I wasn't made for these times"

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Plum Crazy: I'm sorry about the negative comments - I guess I'm too stressed out about work (at least I still have a job :pray ). I never understood the hi-tech old car. The appeal of old cars to me were that they were old. That's why my '60 has chrome reversed wheels and wide whitewalls. As society 'advances' I regress. So I'm going to go back and watch "Ozzie and Harriet" and Charlie Chan and listen to the Beach Boys. -Mike

The inevitable "generational divide".
I'm with you on this one.:scratch

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Never took it the wrong way, no sweat. All on the same team....

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I agree, nothing wrong with upgrading brakes, interior, suspension, but changing engines, is like a heart transplant.:? It will work, but doesn't belong there.:doh:eek:Beautiful body, interior, and paint.:clap:clap:clap

Not sure i agree :? That car is a cool car and has to be apreciated for the work that has been done, just the same as a $100K restoration. I personally would not do that to a 62 myself but i would do an engine swap:eek: As getting W engines is harder and harder. JMO
Steve

QB409

If you want a new car just buy one. Don't try to turn an old car into a new one. In five years this car will look as fresh as a Pro street Pinto. And most of us will be walking past it to look at an unrestored one.