Allan Grove Low Mount Alternator Bracket

409Biscayne

Well Known Member
I am attempting to use the Alan Grove low mount alternator bracket with an East Coast Auto Electric Super Mini alternator on a 1962 Biscayne. There are clearance issues with the rag joint and pitman arm. Anyone have an example where they have successfully used this mounting system with any alternator?

I have searched the site and there are several threads on low mounts for alternators but I did not see any where this bracket system was used successfully on a '62.

Thanks,

Chad

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Tight clearance but works well. I have solid motor mounts. You will need them too. Battery in trunk where spare used to be, I re-wired the entire car

Seems it's been a while since I've seen you around the site........ good to have you back....... Love the look of the lower mount alternator..... really opens up the look of the 409 .......nice

409Biscayne

Well Known Member
sp6t1348, thanks for the great photos and comments (nice looking engine, by the way). The alternator that I am using appears to be a bit larger than the one you are using. It is larger than a true mini alternator but smaller than a full size. Guess I will have to do some engineering work to get it to fit.