Allen Green Chevrolet

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
RatVega, Welcome,, Your information is great to hear and I'm sure many of our members will appriciate stories about the Z11 days. As far as the Z11 you referenced,, I wish I was the owner of that " grenaded " Z11 engine. Probably considered as junk back then but worth some dollars today. :cheers

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
RatVega, Thanks for taking the time to sign up and post that information.:beerbang
We have some members here that have a keen interest in the Z-11's and the fastback Chevy II's that will be happy to see that post.:deal

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
plates on the race cars

You needed plates on the Race Car if you flat towed it here in Illinois.

oil4kids

Well Known Member
spoke with Dick Milner, last year about the Z11, if he was loosing the race he would hold out 1st gear a little longer, 8 or 9 grand i think he said

Attachments

• bill1.jpg
    bill1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 104
  • bill2.jpg
    bill2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 104
  • bill3.jpg
    bill3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 90
  • bill4.jpg
    bill4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 99
  • bill5.jpg
    bill5.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 59

oil4kids

Well Known Member
a few more

Attachments

• billt2.jpg
    billt2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 80
  • billt1.jpg
    billt1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 75
  • billt3.jpg
    billt3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 84

RatVega

spoke with Dick Milner, last year about the Z11, if he was loosing the race he would hold out 1st gear a little longer, 8 or 9 grand i think he said
Dick wasn't abusive, but he wasn't afraid either... and remember, he had Larry Webb on that motor too :bow

If you look closely at the Car Craft line drawing you posted, you can see some of the
brake system I mentioned, outboard of the drivers seat.

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dick's last run with the Z-11 Impala was Nov 1964. He was sad about it he told me though excited about the fastback Chevy II also. The Z-11 was sold off the used car lot in '65 to James Cooley who wanted the car painted hugger orange. He raced it a few times and sold it to his friend from BC Grant Eldridge. The hood scoop was installed by Larry Webb without Milner knowing. Was Milner ever upset on that for destroying a perfectly good aluminum hood! He didn't want to be staring at a mailbox behind the wheel.

Dan Hunt

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Could you tell me if the guy walking beside the Allen Green car is Frank Nelson?

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you meant the guy next to the Impala in the staging lanes, that was Larry Webb.