Andover Ks. member

rfriesen

Hello everyone: My name Royce Friesen from Andover Ks. I have had my 1963 Impala 2 door hardtop for at least 25 years. My first engine was a 355 ci with a solid cam and alm. heads and a powerglide transmission. I raced it for about 15 years and my best times were 12.64 at 106 mph. I am presently installing a 502 450 hp big block with the same powerglide. I am hoping to have it running sometime this summer and it will be back on the drag strip. I had my 425 horse 409 but ended up selling it because my small block did such a good job. My 502 was pulled out of my 56 Delray Sedan for a slightly smaller one with twin turbo's and a superglide. That one will not be done until after the 63 is finished. Will throw some pictures in at a latter date. I am old friends with Tom Obrian from the Ks City area. He encouraged me to come and hang out on this site. Thanks for having me. I am working on my windshield upper stainless piece and it has me:bang

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Royce!!!!

Make sure to post your questions about install of the windshield upper stainless in the 58-65 Full Size Section - I could not help you but I am sure that another member of this forum can!!!

TomO

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Royce:beerbang Look forward to those pic's of your build and maybe some stories from racing days in Ks. Ken

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome!

Welcome aboard!

Any friend of TomO is a friend of mine :) :) :).

Perhaps we can talk both of you guys into slipping 409s back into your two cars!

We'll likely be out to KCIR and/or MoKAN a few times this year, hope we can get together!

Best,
TomK
Columbia, MO

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Royce............glad you joined!!! Be sure to share some of your drag racing stories!!!

I've misssed you the last 2 years at the Wichita swap meet. I was in Enid, OK this year and in Alaska last year!!

Look forward to hearing some of your stories!!!