Anniversary Gold '63?

jas63ss

Supporting Member 1
I recently purchased a pair of '63 Impalas , one is an SS the other a regular Impala. I bought these basically for parts for my '63 convertible and for a frame for my '61 Bel Air bubbletop.
When I ran the 920 paint and 866 interior code it came back Autumn Gold w/ fawn interior. Before I part the 920 code Impala out I want to make sure it isn't a rare beast????????
I did a search here and it mentioned a 927 code gold color. The paint decoder on this site doesn't list a 927?

Thanks
Jimmy

gabriel-cestaro

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4

hi i had a anniversary 1962 impala ss with gold paint code and fawn interior i do not belive there was a anniversary addtion in 63 but if iam wrong this is the place to found out:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno

jas63ss

Supporting Member 1
I read some of the older posts here and they mention some type of anniversary gold or limited edition car in '63 also? I have also seen them in various magazines? The '63's may be like the gold SE '78 Trans Am I bought after high school, Pontiac had gold cars and the gold SE in the same year?

The car is restorable, now.......... I've thrown away/sold cheap "junk"only to find out later......

Jimmy

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The 927 was a special dealer only order 1963 Anniversary Gold- I think they alll had black bucket interiors.

Don

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I read some of the older posts here and they mention some type of anniversary gold or limited edition car in '63 also? I have also seen them in various magazines? The '63's may be like the gold SE '78 Trans Am I bought after high school, Pontiac had gold cars and the gold SE in the same year?

The car is restorable, now.......... I've thrown away/sold cheap "junk"only to find out later......

Jimmy

Make very very sure its not a one of deal. Sure wonder where my 72 Monte bench seat LS-5 went/is as watching Barett-Jackson and they stated LS-5 option wasn't available in a MOnte in '72. :bang :doh :bang :cry

Ray

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Jimmy

If the car is restorable, then that's what should be done...Just my .02, They're are plenty of Cars too far gone that we can recycle parts from...but good restorable cars are always too valuable to scrap out.... again just my .02

Tim

NASCAR FAN

Well Known Member
Chevrolet did build a limited number of 1963 gold Impalas. Unlike the 1962 anniv. gold car, the 1963 was very limited in production and only built for a period of a couple months. They were a special dealer promotional car. I believe each Chevrolet dealer was offered one by the factory but not all dealers ordered one. The 1963 gold paint is not on the 1963 color chart but has the same code # on the trim tag as the '62 gold cars. However the paint formula is slightly different than the the 1962 formula. The 1963 gold cars were all Impala Sport Coupes with or without the Super Sport Option. They also all had black interiors---there was no other interior color available. The '63 Saddle Tan color is somtimes confused with the special gold, especially if the paint is weathered. Over the years I've seen a few fake '63 gold Impalas. The cars were probably originally saddle tan because they had saddle tan interiors.

Rick

jas63ss

Supporting Member 1
Thanks guys, I would love to do all 4 ('63convertible SS, '63 2 door hdtp.SS, '63 2 door hdtp. and the '61 bel air bubbletop) but I only have (2) 409 engines and the QB is going in the convertible. Although the bubbletop is very rough it is soooooooo cool. The wife is also starting to ask a lot of questions..........but besides that these are all good problems to have.

Which 2 would you do?

Thanks again
Jimmy

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Wasn't the 50,000,000 Chevrolet a 1963 anniversary gold 409 SS????? I think I remember something about it changing hands about 5 or 6 years ago. There was a lot of confusion about it being so special but having a 1962 paint number.

NASCAR FAN

Well Known Member
Phil:

I also remember the car. I believe it was a 409/340. Probably most of them were 327s. I know someone who has a gold Impala that is not a SS.

Rick