another canadian pontiac new guy

Hi names Greg ,been on this site many times and finally joined. I figured out how to resize pictures and got it on the avatar. When your retired and old school this lap top is challenging. Been a fan of 348-409s since the early 60s and a chev/pontiac fan. My 61 pontiac parisienne bubbletop has a 327/275hp/4spd but I'm rebuilding a 250hp 348 for it, maybe installed this winter. By the way I followed the thread on resizing pictures and like the member said bloody simple.

Attachments

• 61 pontiac 022 (Small).jpg
    61 pontiac 022 (Small).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Greg. Love the 61' Pontiac's and yours is a real looker.....:clap

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hi Greg, welcome to the zoo !! Where in Canada are you?? I'm in Aldergrove, just outside of Vancouver.

Dave

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site Greg.:beer We can never have too many W powered Pontiac's around here.
This is off topic I recently learned something about Canadian Pontiac's on the Canadian Poncho site. It seems that 65 Canadian Pontiac's did not change over to the 396 mid year like the Chevy's did. It looks like the 409 was available through the entire model year.:coffee

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Greg.:clap Lots of great info on the "W" engines here. Jim-ss409 is involved in a Pontiac with a 409 as we speak. There are a few posts around here with pictures you might enjoy looking at. We would also like to see more pictures of your ride as you go along with your "W" swap please. ENJOY THE RIDE !!!:love

:crazy:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard, Greg!

We love anything 348-409, and several of us also have a soft spot for the early Ponchos.

I once had a '61 Star Chief (long wheel base 4 door) that had your two tone colors. Currently I have a 1961 Bonneville Sport Coupe, sans engine and trans.

looking forward to hearing of your progress as you convert over from the small block to the Fat Block!

Cheers,
TomK

Thanks for the great welcome, I'll try to mention most of you . Dave I live about an hour west of Toronto. jim-ss409 we met at Grand Bend I'm Gregory, thats another story. k9hotrodder409, I saw jim-ss409 run the pontiac last weekend what a thrill. I'll take pictures when I start the engine change but that could be touchy because I took a 100 pictures during the rebuild ,from the beginning ,car being delivered and just ready to paint. I was playing with camera and ended up deleting all the pictures . Photo store could not retreive any. Thanks four the welcome tripower,petepedlar BSL409 , Don Jacks and Tom Kochtanek. I think I missed someone. Greg

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome to the site, my Dad sold Canadian Pontiacs in PEI from 1957 to 1968. Nice 61 you have there.

Don

To NASTY409, I looked at your corvair, looked slick , reminded me back in 1968-69 in the car club my friend put a 283 in rear seat (mid engine) 4spd .In 2nd and 3rd elbow was close to crank pulley. Also it must of been hot on that side of the street.

To Don , in high school in 67-8-9 Iworked at a pontiac dealer in Waterloo Ont. ,drove many new pontiacs ,firebirds and beaumonts Greg

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Greg, welcome to the "Zoo", your car is a real looker. :cool::cheers Hope to link up with you along the way sometime. Great bunch of knowledgeable folks here to answer any questions you might have.

Bill

Thanks Bill ,the 61 pontiac bubbletop was near the top of my car bucket list and yes it would be nice to meet some day down the road. I might have questions and I hope I answers to aid others. Greg