Another execution

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. I see the State of Alabama executed one of their inmates from a sentence imposed 20 years ago. They used some form of lethal injection. Thirteen minutes into it, some witnesses claim that his body twitched and arm moved. These were his lawyers, of course. Others didn't see it. My response: so what, who cares. This guy was convicted of robbing, pistol whipping a clerk into submission and then executing him when he pled for mercy. What did they think they were watching, an Easter Egg Hunt????
He was a father with young kids at home. I say show him and all future prisoners to be executed, the same mercy they showed their victims; none. Maybe they should suffer some before dying. I bet not all victims died instantly. Seems to me that some want the death penalty, but they also want to be very delicate and sensitive to it. It's ok to kill but you have to be gentle with it. They want it but don't have the stomach for it. Baloney. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to execute someone, then do it. Get it done. What happened to the 7 person firing squad or a hanging. Too much for society to watch or participate in?? Maybe they feel guilty?? Doesn't bother me. I would still sleep at night. And this last meal nonsense, what a waste of many things, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have often wondered if those lawyer's had their children killed like that ,I am sure they would feel a little different on the issue ....
I'd like to think that Don, but I just don't know. How many times have we seen victim statements read in court on the day of sentencing, and the surviving families offer forgiveness to the defendant. This is after they killed loved ones. Oh boy. I know it's not very Christian like, but I'm not that big a person. I could never do that. I'd want my pound of flesh. I believe there is a trial going on in South Carolina right now involving a defendant named Root. He went into a black church to attend a Bible study. Sat with others, studied the Bible, left and returned with a handgun. Assassinated 8 people. Some of the surviving family members, initially offered him forgiveness. Not me. Sorry. It will be interesting to see as the trial moves along and pictures of the crime scene are posted, if they still feel the same way. If this guy is convicted and they have the death penalty and he receives it, then he should be executed immediately. Why wait??? Just some thoughts on a cold Friday afternoon, Carmine.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
.......in 1962 in east end Toronto a dirt bag shot and killed a cop during a traffic stop.......that was in March
He was tried and convicted and hung by the end of 1962 (about an 8-9 month period) back to back in Toronto's Don Jail.
'Hung' - back to back with another murderer that killed his girl friend........At one time Toronto was known as
the hanging capital........times sure have changed. If you want to read about this the book
Last to Die is available on Amazon........I highly recommend the read....:read....too bad we couldn't
return to that time........:good.........for these types of low life.
https://www.amazon.ca/Last-Die-Rona...F8&qid=1481385733&sr=1-4&keywords=last+to+die

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
as a retired po who worked homicide and cssu, it is very hard to get a guilty verdict on a death penalty. as it should be.
a lot of cases are pleaded down to save the anal licks life. personally i want a finger print in victims blood and dna. and
a true confession would be nice. jmho jim

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I had a friend at work who was the finest man you ever met. He was looked up to by all of us, his wife was a real special individual as well,they had two teen age boys,a nice house, but he had his sister in law staying with them for a while, and some creep had eyes on her. The affections weren't mutual, and this guy kept coming to their house to try and get to her. He finally went out and ran him off,for good, he thought. One Sunday, they all went to church,except the sister in law who stayed home with a cold or the flu. This guy shows up at the church wearing an overcoat, and sat a few rows in front of my friend and his wife. When the message was over and a closing prayer was being given and everybody's head was bowed, this guy stands up, turns around, pulls out an uzi, and blew him away. He shot up his wife, walked out the door, and was arrested later that night.My friend was killed practically instantly,his wife was critical for quite a while, she survived however,and this guy was charged with at least one count of first degree murder,and one count of first degree attempted murder. He should have been put down immediately, but he got life without. One of the church members worked with us and was there that Sunday as well, but he disputed my opinion that the guy should have gotten the death penalty. He wanted to know how I could call myself a Christian and not want to extend love and forgiveness to this guilty defendant. I have since come up with the perfect response to such a weak blitheringly disgusting accusation--Sure, we forgive. Christ paid for all our sin. He needs to receive that, but he needs to pay for his own crime. End of story. When we all came to work the next day and found out what happened, it made for the worst day of work I ever put in in my life.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Very sad story. Can't even find comfort and security in a church anymore. As a Christian, I can extend love and forgiveness to the guilty party, but they still have to be executed. Period. They are of absolutely no use to society. Nothing more then parasites and they have to go. Enjoy your dissention into Hell.

I see that Root character in South Carolina who killed 8-9 members of a church during a Bible study, either has his trial coming up or has started. He pled not guilty OMG. They have him on video entering and leaving the church with a handgun. Also witnesses to the crime itself. And, his confession. I can't understand for the life of me, how some good, kind hearted parishioners welcome you into their church to participate in a Bible study and moments later, you execute several of them. How does something like that happen. If there ever was a case that wreaks of the death penalty, it should have been this one. Not a nice thing to say and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I would have no problem taking him out back and letting him start his dissention also, Carmine.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
That was 30 years ago. It still is unbelievable. Here's the quandary- if he was such a good man,father,husband,worker and servant of Christ, I have to ask myself what's my chance. I have a mandate to live right for however long I have.That's my obligation to everybody else on earth. As for theology, even though Christ paid for your sin, you need to pay for your crime. The liberal attitude that I couldn't understand came from those in his church,not some bunch of do gooder liberals someplace.Liberalism on a national level leads to this kind of thing,however.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
The other thing I won't receive and take responsibility for, is these individuals that go on the news shrieking that it's a the fault of those who have guns.Every gun owner somehow is to blame. Crime won't be eliminated by more gun control, crime stops with effective criminal elimination. Who wants to live in a country where only the government has guns?

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Isn't it amazing how some of these killers never accept the responsibility for what they did. Always trying to blame someone or something else for their crime. Look at that kid in Newtown, Conn., who a few years back, killed 22 grade school kids and 6 teachers. Sickens me. The only good thing to come out of that was that he took his won life. Bye. Good riddens.