Another Year Comes to an End

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Another year comes to an end and I know that I'm getting older. We took pictures for Christmas and I was wondering who that old guy was in the picture. It was me. I went out and started up the 58 and let it run for 20 minutes just to get the oil up through the engine, if I could figure out how to get oil up through me in 20 minutes it would be great. :roll I'm not complaining about getting old as a matter of fact I'm glad I have lived in the era that I did. I am so fortunate to have been around when these cars we love were new. I started drag racing in 1956 and have seen all the big names when they were young. Young people don't know what it is like to go to a drag race and see 100 Super Stockers show up to race. Or see 100 A Fuelers at one race. See A Fuel Altereds and Roadsters go down the track sideways and boiling the hides the whole track. I have pictures of dragsters boiling the hides the full length of the track. Writing this makes me get excited all over again. Phil Reed and I were talking about a new item and I think it's time has come. "Depends" with 348-409 across the butt. :roll Roy

dunhamfield

Well Known Member
Vintage Classic :roll I like that.
I guess that is why I bought a 1956 pickup to restore. I was born in 1956.
I just wish that someone would install a "W" engine in ME.
Then maybe I would run as good as the truck does....:roll

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Another year comes to an end and I know that I'm getting older. We took pictures for Christmas and I was wondering who that old guy was in the picture. It was me. I went out and started up the 58 and let it run for 20 minutes just to get the oil up through the engine, if I could figure out how to get oil up through me in 20 minutes it would be great. :roll I'm not complaining about getting old as a matter of fact I'm glad I have lived in the era that I did. I am so fortunate to have been around when these cars we love were new. I started drag racing in 1956 and have seen all the big names when they were young. Young people don't know what it is like to go to a drag race and see 100 Super Stockers show up to race. Or see 100 A Fuelers at one race. See A Fuel Altereds and Roadsters go down the track sideways and boiling the hides the whole track. I have pictures of dragsters boiling the hides the full length of the track. Writing this makes me get excited all over again. Phil Reed and I were talking about a new item and I think it's time has come. "Depends" with 348-409 across the butt. :roll Roy

Roy:

Like I've said....We all start out in diapers and ............................we all end up in diapers!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry :cry

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Vintage Classic :roll I like that.
I guess that is why I bought a 1956 pickup to restore. I was born in 1956.
I just wish that someone would install a "W" engine in ME.
Then maybe I would run as good as the truck does....:roll

vintage Classic...That is good. I also am a 56' model but, was thinking the other day how cool would it be to have a birthday like 4/09/61 of course I am partial to 61' but 62', 63', 64' or 65' would be cool as well....:cool: Dan

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Roy:

Like I've said....We all start out in diapers and ............................we all end up in diapers!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry :cry

NOT ME!!!! I`ll take that vacation to Amsterdam BEFORE I need a dang diaper !!!:evil :cuss