Anti-roll Bar

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Does anyone know how much real PROVEN time one gains on the 60' if installed?

Later
Dave

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
I can't really give you a number that I can relate directly to the bar, but the rear bar took my car from launching in a matter that concerned other racers (twisted up and car all over the place) to level and straight as an arrow. Of course everything works together, but pre-bar it was a 10.20 car, since bar I've been able to focus on other chassis tuning and get it into the 9.80's. I can go dig through some time slips and see if I can come up with some before/after numbers.

I will say I do kinda miss hanging the driver side front a foot in the air........with the pass front firmly on the ground. Now its just a couple inches for both wheels.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I can't really give you a number that I can relate directly to the bar, but the rear bar took my car from launching in a matter that concerned other racers (twisted up and car all over the place) to level and straight as an arrow. Of course everything works together, but pre-bar it was a 10.20 car, since bar I've been able to focus on other chassis tuning and get it into the 9.80's. I can go dig through some time slips and see if I can come up with some before/after numbers.

I will say I do kinda miss hanging the driver side front a foot in the air........with the pass front firmly on the ground. Now its just a couple inches for both wheels.
Thanks Johnny.

That's a significant gain. :good

When you say "other suspension" are you speaking of IC and shock tuning? Are you using coil overs?

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
Yes shocks and instant center. No coil overs. I have Menscer shocks, stock springs, adjustable upper bars, stock boxed lowers. Once I got the car to stop twisting and start planting both rears even, I saw that I was hitting the tires way too hard and crushing them. Air pressure didn’t help, so I plotted the rear and saw that I was at 186% anti squat. So I adjusted upper bars as much as I could and that got me to around 136% anti squat. That combined with really tightening up the extension on the rear shocks made a huge difference. The arm adjustment made less hit, and the shocks slowed down and spread out the hit over a longer duration. The car currently 60’s in the low 1.40’s…and that’s launching at 3800. As I get things more dialed I hope to raise the launch RPM.

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Probably not losing much here but have been in a stage of changing many things. Narrowing it down...tweaking...not the drug kind...next year.

Next big thing on the list is improving operator performance.... :doh ....

Also more seat time and keeping better detailed records.

41150-1.jpeg

Last edited: