Anybody collect Chevrolet postcards?

Larry G

Hi. I was just wondering if anybody else here in the forums collect Chevy dealer postcards? I have a substantial collection from 1954 through 1969, all in mint or near mint condition, most are postally unused. I'm looking to purchase or trade for cards I do not have to complete my collection. Please email me if you have something of interest at coinsets2001@yahoo.com
Here is a link to my website that I am placing pictures of my cards on. http://www.59chevy.net
I'll be taking more pictures and posting them a little later.

bobs409

Administrator
Well I've tried to anyway. I bid on them occasionally on ebay but so far, I've always been outbid. :dunno

Larry G

Thanks for the reply. I agree, some of the nicer postcards I've wanted went way too high, but I keep trying. I'm placing pictures of my collection on my website, I should be finished tomorrow.

bobs409

Administrator
Those are some nice quality post cards you have Larry. These things are like art to us Chevy guys! :brow

While I never did win any post cards, I've been collecting the Chevrolet magazine "Friends" and have quite a nice collection going. They have alot of sales ads in them, most of which get scanned and posted on this site.

My goal is to get the complete collection from about 58-66 or so. :deal

Larry G

I just picked up a beautiful and nearly complete set of 1955s! Talk about art, I was nearly floored when I got them today! Now I have to get some 53s and 52s, and that should be fun.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Larry, Great Pictures/cards !!! thoses days were so good when it came to ads like this. Can you imagine going a card like that nowadays with a new malibu on it ??
The cars were better then and so were the ads !!

BTW,, how come no link to this FAVORITE chevey site???
Keep posting more cards !! , dq

Larry G

Ah...a small oversight I will correct in the morning, placing a link to 348/409 from my site. Also, I'll be putting up pics of my new 55s, 59s and the rest. If anybody has some nice unused 53 or 52 Chevy cards, I have quite a few mint condition 59, 58 and 57 cards to trade.

Larry G

Thanks, Bob. Your website is also now linked to mine. Just for some added info, I have placed a vendor page link on my site. This is a pretty good size list of some of the junkyards and vendors I have found that have or say they have parts for our Chevys. You may find it useful.