Anyone know where this car is?

RPOLS3

Well Known Member
My father owned a 1962 Impala 2 door (non-SS) 409/409 Nausau Blue/Blue bench seat interior back in the early 80's in Chicago area. He bought from his Cousin who ordered new. My dad sold car around 1981 to southern Illinois dealer who re-sold to excavating contractor (Bolander??) in Chicago area shortly afterwards. VIN#21847J181843. I am curious if anyone knows where this car is now located. Car had about 21,000 miles at the time and had a replacement block, chrome valve covers, chrome air cleaner assembly, and a 4:56 rear.

Thanks

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
62 409 Nassau blue

I know of a guy in the Chicago Area that had a 62 original 409 car that was Nassau blue. I thought it came from Colorado. It did have one of the 1/4 panels replaced with an original, not been restored. I never went to look at it, ending up building a 62 409 nassau blue SS.

Paul S.
Iowa

RPOLS3

Well Known Member
I was able to track down Carl Bolander who owned the car from about 1981 until about 1994.

Carl did not do much to the car and sold it to a guy named Ken Aldridge (Aldridge Electric) around 94. Evidently Ken restored the car sold the 409 to a collector sometime around 1999.

So who knows where the car is now……….??? The search continues