Anyone running a hydroboost setup with the W?

hagedorn

I have a CPP Hydroboost setup on my 63' that works amazing, but since removing the SBC, I'm not sure if will fit with the W. Are any of you running a hydroboost setup? Did you have to modify anything to make it fit?

427John

Well Known Member
Are you talking about the bracketry and pulleys to drive it? The engine doesn't care what power accessories its driving it just sees it as another parasitic load,as far as pulleys are concerned if your sbc was using a short water pump and those drive pullies you should be able to make those work,as far as bracketry I doubt much will interchange without modification.

Tex63

Well Known Member
I have a CPP Hydroboost setup on my 63' that works amazing, but since removing the SBC, I'm not sure if will fit with the W. Are any of you running a hydroboost setup? Did you have to modify anything to make it fit?
I installed the Hydrapower kit in January this year and very happy with the results. Unit fit great, no modifications. Housing is adjustable for two different hose positions. See 2nd pic, installed with hoses coming out lower engine side of the unit and tucked into the W scoop on the valve covers - try that position with any other motor...

Attachments

• IMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6402.jpg
    IMG_6402.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6403.jpg
    IMG_6403.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 32

Tex63

Well Known Member
Are you talking about the bracketry and pulleys to drive it? The engine doesn't care what power accessories its driving it just sees it as another parasitic load,as far as pulleys are concerned if your sbc was using a short water pump and those drive pullies you should be able to make those work,as far as bracketry I doubt much will interchange without modification.
no pulleys on the hydraboost, hoses tap into the power steering reservoir.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
hE'S TALKING CLEARANCE TO ENGINE/VALVE COVERS