Arizona new guy

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Lenny, Lots of people hear that will be glad to help. Home page has good basic information. Any questions,,, just ask. :)

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
Welcome to the site. There's more knowledge on this site than anywhere else. By the way we like pics.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
welcome!!! I'm fairly new myself but this site is GREAT for info on these cars/motors.

J

lennyjay

Well Known Member
Need some help on mini-starters for the 409. Whats the best mini-starter to go with? Do I have
staggered or staight block bolt on? Anybody buying from ebay, DB Electric on ebay? I never got the starter with the engine, so I would like a lighter, hopefully stronger starter to install. I want to get the correct starter
for the block. My block is in the shop or I could check it quick. Any help?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Lenny, I use a DB Elec. mini starter, as well as many more on this web-site. Nothing but good to say about them. In fact, I'm ordering another one at this time for another build. Uses staggered mount....

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
mini starters

I used the mini starter from Show Cars, the first one died on me and they were nice enough to send a replacement at no cost to me. The current one has been in place now about 4000 miles (almost 2 years now) and it's working fine. If I go on trips I take a new-in-the-box backup just in case...

I think next time around I will try one of these DB Electric units, they seem to be highly recommended and I recall the price being very reasonable.

Good luck!
TomK