Astro wheels

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Hey everybody: I looking really hard for some 15" Astro wheels (for Chevy). Not Astro Supremes, but Astro dish wheels. See pics. Thanks, Mike

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mike, If you are looking for opinions, well, I dont really favor those wheels. But if they please you, that is what counts.

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
That's ok. I was looking for something besides the usual chrome reversed, cragars, 5-spokes, etc. Something you don't see every day. -Mike

Any recommendations?

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Hey everybody: I looking really hard for some 15" Astro wheels (for Chevy). Not Astro Supremes, but Astro dish wheels. See pics. Thanks, Mike

I had a set last year. set of 4- 15 x 7. I got tired of having so many wheels.
My garage looked like a custom wheel center. I sold all my wheels.
Anyways I bought the whole set off of ebay for $75.00
The stuff is still out there, just never when you are looking for something specific.

watch ebay, is about all I can tell you.

:dunno

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mike, If you are looking for opinions, well, I dont really favor those wheels. But if they please you, that is what counts.

I would have to agree,,,
Those look like utility trailer wheels !!

if you like that look 61bubbletopx has the right idea.

Alum slotted wheels,
These were made by several manufactures and are reasonably priced and are not hard to find used. ,,dq

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I would have to agree,,,
Those look like utility trailer wheels !!

coming from the guy who has a mailbox on his hood. ;)

Mike keep the faith.
You obviously have a vision, don't let anybody blur your vision.

I just aquired a box of magazines from the early to mid 60's.
There are a lot of cool rides from that era sporting those wheels.
very cool in my opinion if you want to keep your car in that era.

I dig the NoStAlGia of it!!:)

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
coming from the guy who has a mailbox on his hood. ;)

Mike keep the faith.
You obviously have a vision, don't let anybody blur your vision.

I dig the NoStAlGia of it!!:)

:doh Man,,,, that hurt !!!!

But I did quote Ronnie, Mike, If you are looking for opinions, well, I dont really favor those wheels. But if they please you, that is what counts.

I should have put an IMO there,,

BTW,,,, if you dig NoStAlGia,,,, the mail box thing started WAY back,,
In Detroit of all places,,,:D
They were called Detriot News Scoops !!

Racers would steal the Detriot News paper boxes and make them into scoops !!:takethat

That`s my story,,, and I`m sticking with it,,dq

sorry if I was a tad harsh on the wheels,,

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Hey no problem about the diverse opinions. I know guys who wouldn't drive Impalas to save they're life. They'd rather drive a Prius! As for the wheels: George Barris put these wheels on a lot of cars of that era. Two of my favorite cars from the 1960s run Astros. They happen to be Barris' cars.

Lokey's T: http://www.barris.com/gallery_cars/Kustoms_HotRods/gallery_lokeyst.html

Surf Woody: http://www.barris.com/gallery_cars/Kustoms_HotRods/gallery_surfwoody.html

These are definately show cars and maybe the surf woody is pretty silly, but I like it.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey no problem about the diverse opinions. I know guys who wouldn't drive Impalas to save they're life. They'd rather drive a Prius! As for the wheels: George Barris put these wheels on a lot of cars of that era. Two of my favorite cars from the 1960s run Astros. They happen to be Barris' cars.

Lokey's T: http://www.barris.com/gallery_cars/Kustoms_HotRods/gallery_lokeyst.html

Surf Woody: http://www.barris.com/gallery_cars/Kustoms_HotRods/gallery_surfwoody.html

These are definately show cars and maybe the surf woody is pretty silly, but I like it.

One of my buddies has a 57 corvette that was done my Barris and it has the Astros on it. Not really my thing but, it definitely fits the era.

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know, I watch all the stuff that Models posts and I think that Bob needs to start a section for Models to teach all us computor illiterates how to do some of the cool things he puts on.:deal Roy

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I know, I watch all the stuff that Models posts and I think that Bob needs to start a section for Models to teach all us computor illiterates how to do some of the cool things he puts on.:deal Roy

I would just like to know his "search words" for the shuff that he finds!!!!!!:roll :roll :roll