Axles

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Probably in here somewhere but I am being lazy today. Where and what are the numbers for better axles that will fit in place of the stock ones in a 60 with a stock POSI?

While I have the engine apart I am thinking about redoing that end as well.

The Crane cam, roller rockers, springs are here and the new pistons and bottom end will be here in a week. Going all out on this rat!

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
thanks for the help found some :) This is a bolt in 9" made for the 60.

Here is what we can do on a complete rearend:

$845 - 9" Housing, Axles, Axle Bearings, Wheel Studs, & Retainers
$775 - Center Section (New 31 Spline Posi, New Gears, & New Timken Bearings)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$1620 – TOTAL

This would be a complete 31 spline setup with your choice of gear ratio. We use new axles (not factory re-splines). We also use new posi units (not re-builds).

This center section would be good up to 500HP. If you plan on having more than that you will want to go to an aftermarket setup. It would be $1140 instead of $775 for a complete center with the Strange Nodular Iron S-Case, Aluminum or Iron Daytona Pinion Support, 1350 Steel Yoke, Motive Performance Gears, 31 Spline Detroit True Trac, & Timken (USA) Bearings. ALL NEW & ASSEMBLED!

We also have 9" Ford 11" drum brake kits for $275 and disc brake kits starting around $239 (weld-on) or $369 (bolt-on).

55Chevy283

Detroir True Track

I may have mentioned it before, but I love the Detroit True Track. It is the best posi I have ever had. I get very even burnouts as it seems to be self correcting. It even helps you leave strait even if you staged slightly crooked. Best of all, It seems almost like an open diff when turning corners on the street. Be sure to get the agressive pre-loaded version though.

Have fun,

Henry