Back in '64

Temp2c

In 64 I was about 9 and swinging on the swings in the local city park that was built by Steven Foster. I was watching every brand new 64 big Pontiac go down the street. I couldn't figure out where the red tail lights were on the 64 Grand Prix? I was on the swings for hours and about 8 pm it was getting dark out and I didn't want to go because I saw a dark blue Grand Prix coming down the hill. It passed and no lights but all of a sudden the driver hit the brakes and the whole rear end lit up red inside the chrome fins! I let out a real loud WOW look at that Pontiac!! The driver heard me and knew I was looking at his car, he smiled, waved and blew the horn..

Boy do I miss those days. People were very happy with very little.. When I was 18, I worked all summer saving every penny, I bought a beautiful custom painted, satin Turquoise, 64 Grand Prix, it had 8 lug wheels a 421 with a three speed stick floor shift, it was my first real strong car. I paid $800 for it!

My dad had a 61 Bel Air 2 door hard top, 283-4, three speed on the column. It was the same Turquise as the GP. Oh how my dad loved that car but it got stolen and demolished. I remember my dad crying over that.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: