Back on the road!

64CAYNE

I finished the motor swap and it's in and running. It's amazing what something like this does to make you so proud or your car again. Runs like a charm.
Check out the pics.

28 (Small).jpg

454 1 (Small).jpg

454 2 (Small).jpg

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks good for a non"W" engine !!!

Now some pictures showing the tires going up in smoke !!!!!:brow :clap

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks good for a non"W" engine !!!

Now some pictures showing the tires going up in smoke !!!!!:brow :clap

I have been running BBC in my 60 since 83 so don't worry on the non "W" stuff :-)

Light em up and send a pic!!!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Very Nice...

:clap 64CAYNE; Nice looking engine.:clap Looks like a tight fit. Plenty of power, to spare. Is the single master cylinder system, gonna be up to the task, to slow all that horsepower down? Skip :)

64CAYNE

It's on the list to upgrade the brakes and soon. I do need a brake upgrade for sure.
I'm about halfway thru breakin so I will make sure to get some tire smoking pics soon.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Sleeper!

Looks good with that full engine bay :).

Is that a four speed manual? Tell us some of the details of the other parts of the drive train.

You have the makings of a fine "sleeper" with that big engine in that X frame car!

Enjoy!

TomK

64CAYNE

Yes Tom. Tranny is a M22 Rockcrusher 4 speed. Still has the factory 10 bolt rear for now. I'm not sure it can handle the torque yet. The rear is supposed to have 3.73 gears in it with a posi diff. Stock drive shaft for now. Not sure it will take the power either. Hughes Steet/Strip clutch. I'm thinking if it hooks up hard, it's gonna break something.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
64CAYNE, Hey looks good. I like the rat motors but, I think your right, going to have to upgrade the brakes and the driveshaft. Would sure like to see some pics of you blisteren the skins...:cool: Dan

64CAYNE

So I switched my master cylinder to a dual from the single. What I thought would take me a couple hours took all day as I had to do more plumbing then I thought I would. 40 year old brake lines don't like to come apart so easy ya know. But it's all back together and I feel a bit more comfortable with my stoping power now. It's also going to be easy for me to install the line lock so i can just roast the skins off of the rears. I'm thinking those pics should be just around the corner now.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So It's also going to be easy for me to install the line lock so i can just roast the skins off of the rears. I'm thinking those pics should be just around the corner now.

64CAYNE, Now thats what we like to here...:clap :clap :clap

64CAYNE

I'm not sure I will stick enough to get any air yet, but next on my list of to do's in new tires and wheels. Of course it wouldn't be prudent while I still have tread left on these, so I will just need to burn them off. I'm hoping I can get a few pics and even a video of the smoke show. I'm hoping to put the line lock in next weekend.
Then let the tire roast begin.