Bad day for a Nova & the driver at the 2022 Woodward Dream Cruise.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The story goes an elderly woman driving a SUV had a medical emergency and jumped the curb and hit a good looking Nova and someone sitting near by.
Guess the person sitting has a Broken hip, no word on the Woman.
As you can see the Nova is a total.B72FF94F-EC5E-49BA-B89A-1893822267CE.jpeg

62BillT

Well Known Member
My truck got hit on the way home from a car show. At least mine is repairable. Dealing with the Insurance was almost as bad as the impact. Got way less than it was worth (Progressive, her insurance). My truck is a '72 C-10. Hope everyone will be OK.

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I don't know how many times I've seen a picture like that where someone in a new vehicle t-bones a classic car at a cruise in by having their foot hit the gas instead of the brake pedal, a "medical emergency", or whatever. Burns my a$$ up every time I see it.

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Years ago I had a fender bender with a dimple on the hood and Hagerty wanted to total it out. Went back and forth with Hagerty adjuster telling them I didn't want it totaled. Also was very difficult for them to return calls or emails.
So I decided to pay $5k out of pocket rather than totaling the Biscayne out.

Reactions: 327

DaveN

Well Known Member
I saw the same thing happen to a beautiful 67 GTO newly restored when I went to a cruise to pick up my newly purchased 63 Convertible. A big old Buick went off the highway down an embankment and just destroyed that GTO so sad to see thankfully no one was hurt but what a waste of that beautiful classic. I also had my 60 2dr hardtop out and was rearended at a stop light. Also had 59 Biscayne 13000 original miles backed into at a store parking lot, needless to say kind of scared to take my stuff out anymore.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
There are a lot of people out there driving that shouldn't be for various reasons. I'm not quite sure why they would refer to old age and incompetence as a "medical emergency"? Driver stupidity killed Graffiti once around here because none of the nicer cars wanted to cruise with the idiots. Now we have cruisers and wannabe "street outlaws" looking to be media stars for a day or so. I'll just leave my junk home and watch the action, I guess.

I would be more worried about the spectator that was hit. The Nova was a nice piece, hopefully the owner can use this as an opportunity to build something even nicer (notice I didn't say Build Back Better) .