balancer question???...

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Performance gain?

There will be no performance gain from using this damper. I can't remember what I paid for my GM parts SB damper that is on my 09 but the price of this unit seems to be a bargain with the timing tab included! Just remember these words of wisdom, you get what you pay for! My point is, this seems like too good of a price for a after market high performance piece. Go to our search feature and type in damper and see what comes up. I know I have posted the number of the GM small block damper that will fit our W engines with the related info on timing marks. You cannot beat GM engineering. Armed With this info go to your nearest Chevy dealers parts counter and price the SB Chevy damper. I'd say if the Chevy part is near the price of the Showcars piece go with GM. :brow

29Coupe348

Well Known Member
ok, so how about a good damper, would i benifit from that, or should i just stay with the stock balancer?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Stock vs performance?

The stock GM damper will function perfectly. I think that the only damper that would out perform a stock GM damper would be a high performance fluid type damper. For a medium high performance engine I would install the SB damper without compunction. ;)