Barn Find!!!

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There's another post over on the HAMB of a guy finding a set of NOS '62 Chevy aluminum front fenders and hood for $1500 about 12 years ago at the Portland swap meet and passing on it. Can you even imagine?!

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have been in contact with the young lady that has acquired all of these fine parts several times. Hopefully she is willing to part with some of the stuff. She's not too far from me either.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
There's another post over on the HAMB of a guy finding a set of NOS '62 Chevy aluminum front fenders and hood for $1500 about 12 years ago at the Portland swap meet and passing on it. Can you even imagine?!

can you post a link to that one?
That is amazing!

I am going to a swap meet today maybe I will get lucky and find something good. :pray
or it will just be me in the rain getting wet and looking dumb :crazy

hopefully it's the first one. :cheers

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Has she given any idea what her intentions are with all the parts?

no she hasn't said just yet. But the fact that I am close in proximity to her should help out here...I'll keep you guys posted as to what I find out.

fastfreds

Well Known Member
Almost 20 years ago I located and bought a similar stash of nothing but 348-409 parts from a guy in Medford Oregon. He had been collecting the stuff since 1959. Took me about a year to track him down after I heard a rumor about the huge collection of parts he had. :eyebrow
Most of the parts had been in a mini storage building untouched for over 15 years.
I was able to buy everything he had except one set of perfect 64 409/425 valve covers that were hanging on his living room wall that his wife would not part with :dunno sentimental value I guess.

Fred

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Only if...

If I wasn't married for the past 30 years to a wonderful and mostly understanding wife, I bet I could match that collection :).

I always joked that given 30 acres and a tow truck, I would have several hundred cars by now, all barn stored :) :) :).

Cheers!
TomK

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was at Gearhead409's one afternoon this past week and he gave me the tour. Had a great time but if he doesn't stop bringing things home his house is going to look the same way. Right now you can see everything if you walk back little paths but he is well on his way.

Loren, had a great time visiting, Thanks

Bill

gearhead409

Well Known Member
Thanks Bill, your visit made my day. i bet you haven't run into too many guys that has car bodies hanging from the ceilings. at over 5000 sq. ft. of inside storge i am running out of room. this sickness has got to stop!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Glad you enjoyed your visit Bill. I was in Loren's backyard once but he didn't invite me to stop by.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Phil

Having met you and knowing that your are an intellegent person I think you can understand why. Something about the fox in the hen house comes to mind. :roll:roll:roll

Bill