Barrett-Jackson

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Scheduled for Thur, Fri, and Saturday prime time TV. Will the financial collapse of out country have a big effect on classic car prices?? The millionaire of two weeks ago are not millionaires today. Will there be a huge crowd, as anticiapated? Will there be multiple bidders per car as usual? Is this another "no reserve" auction? IF so, will sellers withdraw their vehicles ?? Will there be " steals " because of the economy?? Will Barrett-Jackson panic and cancel aution?? I guess Thursday night some of these questions will be answered. :dunno:dunno

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Don't most of the " NO RESERVE " auctions have a high opening bid anyway, so the sellers know they won't get hurt too bad anyway?

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
All good questions, Ronnie.:clap As the economy gets worse, and the stock market keeps dropping, I'm sure there will be an increase in "jumpers".:doh:roll I just hope these big dollar auctions, don't take place near any tall buildings.:dunno It would be a shame to see someone, do a swan dive, onto the hood of a numbers matching 62 409 Bel Air or a Hemi Cuda etc.:takethat :roll

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I talked to a local car dealer/collector last week. It is his opinion cars will stay high. He said he knows of some people that bailed out of the stock market and are looking for another place to invest. They think collector cars will hold their value much better than the sinking stock market. We'll see.:dunno
Ron

gabriel-cestaro

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
By Collector Cars You Mean Orignal I Have Been Watching E Bay For Weeks With Numbers Dropping On Cars More For Sale Then Ever Going Dirt Cheap If I Only Saved My Money !!!!!!!!!!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
interesting comments. We will see soon if the cars are affected. I am not buying anything until this mess gets straightened out.
robert

Old School

Supporting Member 1
My guess is the investment grade cars will still be strong. All others will be weaker. It takes a lot of guts to take your car to a NO Reserve sale! I sure don't have the stomach for it.

Silver Auctions is also holding a Las Vegas collector car auction the same weekend. I have been looking over the list and they will have 200 to 300 cars. I think those will have a reserve.

Should be an interesting weekend. I plan on going to both. Only because I'm there anyway.
:yawn:

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"I talked to a local car dealer/collector last week. It is his opinion cars will stay high. He said he knows of some people that bailed out of the stock market and are looking for another place to invest. They think collector cars will hold their value much better than the sinking stock market "

I was at Hershey last week and I believe the above statemen is true. I saw cars with more realistic prices than I've seen in several years and I saw quite a few cars with sold stickers on them. This was in the car corral, they were also having an auction but I didn't attend that. There was no shortage of people there either and lots of people that I couldn't understand what they were saying.