Barrett Jackson

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Had a nice visit with Floyd Garrett earlier this week. He is taking 3 cars and an engine to BJ this week. 67 400 GTO hardtop, 70 Chevelle LS-6 hardtop and his 62 red/red Belair 409/409 bubbletop. It's probably the nicest 62 Belair around!!! Built with a lot of NOS parts. And he's taking his ZL-1 engine that was on display in his museum.
Floyd told me that the cars were all going thru together at 3:00PM Sat. afternoon, Phoenix time. I imagine the engine will go thru then also.
I'm going to try to watch Sat. afternoon. Good luck Floyd!!!!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I saw Floyd in Chicago at Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals in Chicago back before Thanksgiving and he told me he was taking the '62 Bel-Air to B-J. Wonder if the car will be driven across the block or will they push it? At Chicago the car had never had any fluids in it, no water, no gas and no oil has been put in the car. I know that with that car he's into the "new car thing" with the hub caps in the paper bags etc but you would think it should run, I don't think I'd buy it not knowing what might happen when it is started.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
It will be interesting to see how those auctions run their course, especially the '62 Belair. Wish I could be there, but hopefully I can catch it on TV. Had some tentative plans to visit some friends who recently relocated to the Phoenix area. Wasn't right for them, so perhaps another time when B-J is in town :).

Best,
TomK