The claim here is to reduce road noise and heat by using their
acrylic/urethane coating...............sounds good but does it work....:brow

http://www.alsliner.com/

:cheers
bj

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I did the entire inside floor pan of my (ex) 64 Chevelle wagon with one of those Herculiner kits after I had done all of the repairs and seam-sealing.

Was pretty easy, worked great. Took some time for the smell to dissipate, but it is better and lighter than the original sound-deadener, plus keeps any moisture away from the sheet metal. I added more sound mats in front, but it was a solid-lifter 327 4 speed car, so it still made a loot of good sounds.

But it sticks to anything/everything; driveway, gloves, shoes, etc and it is plenty tough when it dries. It also means that any work you do inside from that point on is like being prone on a grinder until the carpets are in.

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
BJ, I haven't used bed liner and I don't know anyone that has but I did use Lizard Skin which is a ceramic coating that is sprayed on and reduces heat and noise. They have a web site www.lizardskin.com.
I found it easy to use and it covered real well. Used by all the big street rod builders for their builds. Won't transfer heat and does keep down some noise. I think they now have a noise deadner as well. Might be worth looking at. Just my 2 cents.........Walt

BobsBB

Well Known Member
i used a "roll on- paint on" bed liner in my 79 bronco floors, over 4 years ago..its a woods toy.. plenty of water/muck over the year's, the liner holds up very well !!, less noise, and solid floors !!

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Interior or Exterior???

I haven't known anyone who did the interior of the car but I've known a few who have used LineX for the exterior. All of them have a lot of positive to say about cutting down on road noise. With one of my neighbors doing the distribution/installation, I plan to get it done once I'm closer to road ready.

That is unless he wants my first born. I'll trade him my wife but not my child :doh